Factory race mechanic has joined - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 11:42 AM
Sage

Exclamation

Hello all, it's good to finally find a sportbike forum! I'm a past factory road race mechanic (see bio) and can't wait to jump in and help with the forum. I'm riding a 99 900RR but mostly dirt, the roads aren't too good here in cental Oregon. got to go but will return to other topic's, See Ya, Sage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 12:36 PM

Talking

Great to have you Sage also checked out your site and I think it is awsome what you are doing.You will have to share some of my man Chandler's stories with us .A little info on the great muzzy system most all of us kawi riders have Would be cool also.

But mainly welcome to sportbikeworld!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 01:17 PM

Welcome to SBW. I guess now we have to stop bashing Chandler huh? J/K.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 01:53 PM

Glad to have ya at SBW.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 08:32 PM

Wink

Glad to see another Oregonian on here. I'm from the coast area (Florence, awesome dunes), but am currently in hawaii courtesy of the United States Army. I just recently got into sportbikes being a dirtbike kid all my life. Love the Honda CR's for dirt, but I'm thinking about waiting for the new kawa 7R before commiting to buy any sportbike. Anyway, glad to see another person from the great state of mud (lots of rain). Trails and dunes kick ass in oregon. cya.........mac
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 10:57 PM
Sage

WOW! Thanks for the welcome, I had a few emails from other members so I came by and to my surprise sombody saw my post. As for the Chandler bashing, don't bite your lip just cuz i'm here. I dig the guy, he's one of the most down to earth riders i've ever met and feel that his performance of late is not all his fault, the bike is dated to say the least and he's old enough to have fathered most of the field! but he is one of the smoothest, non crashing riders there ever was and if pushed (for the right reasons) will perform, but he is still human so give him credit where credit is due and he'll retire when it's not fun anymore.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2001, 03:59 PM

Welcome to SBW.

Glad to have some behind the scenes insight. We have probably met in passing. I have helped(when my real job allowed it) Steve Grigg since '96 with the Muzzy Raptors(one of the years on FBF Ducati but we won't mention the D-word) and have been in the Muzzy tent a couple times.

I must say that seems to be two class acts you've worked for in Chandler and Yates.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 06:33 PM

Smile Hiya!!

Welcome to SBW!!
Hey Sage,I used to live in Orygun,Coos bay area,Klamath Falls etc.
I'll be down your way this summer on my vacation,a friend of mine is moving from Eugene to Bend.
Later...

Jim
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
have been in the Muzzy tent a couple times.

But if you have met John, you will know he was in the back part of the tent, and wasn't turning wrenches. He was earning those signatures!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 11:50 PM
Sage

John - older guy with glasses? What do you look like, I only remember 2 guy's with Grigg and one was Vic and the older greyish guy with glasses.

At least he got the poster signed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode