whatssup? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Hello to everyone. I'm new. I've been lurking for a while because I've never joined a chat room and am not sure about my first steps. But, boy am I glad I found you all! My current bike is a '97 ZX-11, all black and silver: no graphics. No aftermarket stuff yet except the Regina chain. I've been riding off and on (as marital and monetary circumstances allow) for 15 years now. This is only my second sportbike- the first was an EX500 (yep- I know: big jump from 500cc to 1100cc) I've got a couple of topics I'd like to air out but I'm getting long winded already. I fell into a repair/tune-up job and am unsure what to charge the guy. I'm doing a clutch, oil change, tune-up, and fixing the throttle cable. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also- its good to hear about all the women into this. I took my girlfriend shopping for a bike (her first) last week. She's picking up her '01 Suzuki SV650 this Friday. Keep the shiny side up, y'all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 02:38 PM

Talking Welcome!

SBW Welcomes you to the site. Congratulations on getting the misses involved in the sport. The SV-650 is a great bike.
Hope you two have plenty of fun riding togeether.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 09:33 PM

Welcome.
About the repair work. Personally I will not make money off of friends. But it didn't sound like you guys are buds so...I would call a shop and find out how much they would charge and the reduce the price for the dude depending on how much effort you have put into it. Maybe a little spending $ out of the deal?
Dude, if the lady is gonna start riding, you need to keep her!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 08:01 AM

Welcome to SBW.

Great bike choice for the girlfriend. Don't be too disappointed if she is faster through the twisties. If she gets too fast and pushes you too much then you can put restricters in her carbs while she is gone. That will slow her back down.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 09:15 AM

Cool

Welcome, Steve!

Great bikes you have! Don't take that advice from RCJohn. He put the restrictors on his wifes SV-650, and she still kicks his ass in the twisties!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

funksouljon: Thanks...that gives me some ideas....I'll let you know: he's droppin the gxxr off on Saturday
Belive me- this is one girl I'll just about break my back tryin got keep. Thanks Bro.
RCJohn: I give her until the end of July- then she'll be faster than me. You know how those young ones are- they still think they are bullet-proof. She's got a decent amount of respect/fear (at least on my ZX-11!) she should be okay. Besides...there are NO twisties here in the flatlands of KS. And hey RCJohn? don't sweat 748_Abuser razzing ya too much- If you're like me you dig chicks that kick ass! Thanks all.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 03:51 PM

Welcome.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 06:34 PM

Smile Welcome!!

Hiya!!
Welcome to SBW!!

JIM
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 01:40 AM

Cool

Welcome 2 the hood(SBW)
Glade 2 have u here, enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode