getting a new bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: is the cbr 600f4i the bike of 01
yes... because? 2 28.57%
no... because? 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Cool

i am going to be buying a new cbr 600f4i. if anyone has any news that i should be aware of or know someplace i can get a good deal, let me know. the price i received was 8100 w/ t.t.l. out the door. 60 mos at 173, $0 down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 12:17 PM

Cool

Well your actually paying 10,380 for the bike with those terms. Is there anyway you can put any money down? What is the interest rate your paying. SHop around and see if you can do better.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 05:33 PM

Smile Welcome!!

Hiya!!
JDM1200 has a good point. If you could come up with a down payment and shop around to your bank and others you should end up paying alot less in the end. The interest rates are way down right now too!!

Jim

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 07:27 PM

Welcome! That seems a little high to me as well. You should definately shop around. If you are a member of a credit union, that will probably be your best bet. If not, check around your area to see if you can join. Credit Unions are generally not affected by the Federal Reserve so they usually have the lowest rates. When I bought my 9R last year, the rates the dealer was able to get was 10%-15%! My Credit Union gave me 5.9%! It pays to shop around.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 02:40 PM

Welcome.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 05:56 AM

First welcome.

Listen to what these guys are saying, I CAN tell you it pays to shop around. I didn't and now I'm paying for it, my loan is at 17.9% . I'm looking into refinancing my loan to get a better interest rate. It sucks because I probably could have done better in the first place.

Good luck.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 02:44 PM

Welcome to the forums! Great bike, the F4i, wish I had one myself. Shop, shop, shop around for better loan rates, but personally, I don't think the $8100 is a bad price.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 03:48 PM

I'm not sure about the price, so make sure you shop around, and that doesn't just mean calling different stores. You have to go to them and tell them you're looking at another one and see what price they'll give you. I was a car salesman for 2 yrs so make sure you don't tell the others about the $8100 until you see what they're willing to do. If they're high, they'll still try and beat it once you tell them. Whatever you do don't finance it through the dealership. Banks and motorcyle companies pay them to jack the rates up. The best rate I could get at my bike shop was 13%, I went into the local branch of my bank and negotiated 8.9%. When I say negotiated, I mean that. She started at 9.5%, and I got her down to under 9%. Banks are businesses too and they also have markups that you can beat down. Thirdly, once you find the right rate, price and are sure that the extra hundred bucks you saved is worth the service you may be gaining or passing up down the road put a deposit down to save the bike and make sure you have the exact agreement in writing. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to take a day or two to view the deal before you jump in. This way you will always feel good about the deal you got. If the guy is trying to pressure you into buying because they're selling fast he may or may not be lying so let your gut be the judge. If he's just trying to sell you the bike and doesn't care about you or the bike he just sold you when you need service down the road...
Hope this helps...

Bikes owned:
1979 Kawasaki KM100
1984 Kawasaki KLX 250
1985 Honda Shadow 500
1988 Suzuki Intruder 750
1988 Suzuki Intruder 1400
1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
1998 Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja
2001 Suzuki GSX R-1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode