New to SBW - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

New to SBW

Just wanted to say hello to all you fellow forum folks. I'm new to this forum and new to riding all together. I am 43 and finally bought my first motorcycle. I have 2009 Ninja 650 R. Although, I was very reluctant to get a 650 instead of a 250 I am very happy and excited with my purchase. I purchased it in July of 2012. So I have only been riding for about a year now and have only logged about 3500-4000 miles on it. I mainly use it to commute back and forth to work when I can. I don't have much free time for leisure rides yet.

My main reason for getting on here is that I am already wanting to buy a new motorcycle next year or the year after. I want to keep what I have until I'm a more experienced rider. I know a lot of you will think what is this old man doing on this website. I just really prefer the looks of sportbikes and haven't given in to getting a cruiser yet. I like my little 650 because it is more comfortable than riding a 600 and having all my weight on my hands and elbows.

That being said that leaves me with mostly naked sport bikes to take the place of my 650 if I upgrade because there handle bars are more comfortable and I use to commute to work. I've looked at the Ninja 1000 which is just the big brother to the 650. It looks ok but I've heard it doesn't drive all that well. (any opinions?) Then you have nothing but naked bikes after that. The 1000 is the only fully faired sport bike that is somewhat comfortable with the seating position.

Then the naked bikes that I have really liked the reviews on are the Aprilia Tuono V4 and the Triumph Street Triple or Speed Triple. I really like the looks of the Aprilia but it just sounds like an absolute beast!! Which means it wouldn't be all that easy to ride around town I'm guessing. Even though I am on the highway a lot I do want something easier to ride around town. Then there are the two Triumph's. I don't particularly care for the headlights on the Triumph's but I can learn to get used to them. These two bikes sound like they are easier to ride.

Of course the problem with the two European bikes is I live in a small town and finding someone to service them may not be possible. Plus they are pretty expensive except for the Street Triple seems to be in the ball park of most of the Japanese bikes.

I'm sorry to make my first thread so long but just wanted to know if anyone out there has ridden any naked sportbikes and the 650r and can tell me if there is much of a difference in how well you are hidden from the wind and elements on the 650r compared to a naked sport bike. Also have any of you test ridden or bought the 2013 versions of the Tuono or Triumph. I really appreciate you taking your time to read this and any constructive answers you can throw my way.

thank you

phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 04:48 AM

Hi all,
I am rajesh from india and very new to this sportbikeworld forum.. I think i can get all solution for any problem regarding the bikes..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode