new to this forums and sportbikes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

new to this forums and sportbikes

hello my name is kole or Tri Poc whatever you want to call me
i bet you guys dont get alot of ppl like me but im 14 yrs of age
i was watching a speed network show call superbikes and saw all these sportbikes and stunting and racing and just cruising and immediatly loved it
i am completly new to all of this and want to learn as much as possible before im 18 and can get my own bike(idk what the age is were you all live but here its 18 to drive a bike and my mother says i cant buy one while im in highschool and living under her roof )
so i hope to learn alot from all of you

~kole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 04:04 AM
Strength and Honor

kole, those parental issues are not unusual so don't feel bad. At your age I HIGHLY recommend getting into dirtbike riding as a step you can take pre-16 to get the feel for being on two wheels. Also start with the sticky threads in the New Riders forum for things to be on the lookout for. Not sure how old you need to be for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course but that's something you might be able to do now as well. As much off-road riding as you can get in now will serve you well in the future regardless of whether you end up on a sportbike, cruiser, standard, or no streetbike at all. It improves your vehicular riding/driving across the board in terms of awareness, planning, and skills.

Oh, and welcome

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

yea i do ride dirtbikes a little
im pretty good at them and definatly one of the first things i will be doing is the motorcycle saftey course, to ease my parents and myself a bit.
yea i really am trying to learn matenince and customization so that i know how to work on my bike and how to keep it in good shape, that way when i actually get a bike i only have to worry about learning to ride it as i know some basic car stuff hopefully that should help me a bit here right?
or are they to different?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Strength and Honor

Lots of things transfer mechanically from bikes to cars and back again.

One strategy for getting parental approval for a road-bike purchase is to include them in the MSF course. Often its sold as a bonding experience by those using it to demonstrate their maturity and recognition of danger involved with street riding.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

yea i need to talk to my mom about the msf course
i think if i explain she might let me get one as soon as possible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode