Introduction thingy from SE Georgia - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Introduction thingy from SE Georgia

Well, for starters I'm new to the site but not the sport. I've ridden dirt bikes, atv's all my life. I am now on my second street bike. The first was a '99 Suzuki Bandit 600 and after putting 40k on it along with doing my own 750 swap, it was time to start saving for a new bike.

So I purchased an '06 Kawasaki ZX6R 636. I believe I got a fairly good deal. It came with 2 Alpinestars jackets (one leather one mesh), helmet but got another, Astar gloves, loading ramp, canyon dancer, straps, and T-Bar allen wrenches. All for 4k and has 10k miles with records of oil changes.

I am what you would call a hardcore rider. I just moved to GA but from Pittsburgh and would ride all but year round. The only time I wouldn't is if there was too much snow to get out my driveway, and I kept it plowed so that wasn't often.

I do ALL my own work on everything I own. You will be seeing some custom projects eventually. I've started working with custom molding fiberglass. Have done quite a few speaker boxes and center consoles and just now experimenting with forms for fairings and such.

Before it gets even longer winded lets just end with pics of the bike and hope it holds up to the east coast trip i'm about to take from Savannah, GA to Pittsburgh, then to Outer Banks, NC and back to GA. Anyone know of some good roads? Already made a custom GPS mount.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Strength and Honor

Welcome

And what's not to like about a guy with a 636 from their heyday? You're in good company here

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 04:08 AM

Welcome! If you can make it through the heat and humidity of summer, you're going to love winter in GA.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 07:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Welcome, fellow Pittsburgher here.

That is great you do all your own custom work for things. You got a great deal with the bike/extras.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 03:26 PM

You must not have a car as I can't see how anyone rides in the cold of winter when 32F is the high and considered warm for the week. When temps hit the lower 40's I'm glad I have my truck.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Nope I have always had a car. Just prefer to ride at any chance possible. Right now I only have the bike but that will change soon. I'm working on a custom dune-buggy for my 4-wheeled duties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode