Nice forum! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
tdr

Nice forum!

I've been riding on the back of bikes for quite some time itching to ride my own. Finally financially stable enough to buy and ride my own. So I'm lucky to have a great friend who sold me her 2004 yamaha r6 for a good deal. I guess I'm kinda lucky to have somewhat crappy enough credit to not be able to get a new one (or else I would have) since reading the "crashes" thread I'll be dropping it etc. hehehe...even though it looks reeeal pretty for being used. Definetly getting frame sliders and considering a custom cage.

It really sucks that it's January and freaking cold outside I'm dieing to take the course so I can get my license. However it gives me enough time to really get some good gear considering I'm picky and almost over research everything.

I've read quite a few threads and I'm really glad I found this site. It seems to keep things in perspective as fas as not getting crazy and being really smart. I'm not even going to bother trying to keep up with my more expierenced rider friends and a few of them get pretty stupid anyway.

Last edited by tdr; 01-16-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 06:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Welcome! That's a heck of a first bike, but it sounds like you've done a lot of research which is AWESOME.

The MSF is a fantastic way to get started. I know what it's like to have to sit and wait - heck, my bike is in Pennsylvania but I live in Tennessee so even on the nice days I can't ride! LOL
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
tdr

Why is your bike in PA? lol I'm in Maryland I can go get it for you... hehehe and your football team has mine crying right now!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 02:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
I moved from PA to TN in September. I didn't move my bike down yet - long story. I don't have a garage in TN and haven't yet found safe storage.

As for my football team... I'm hoping they leave Arizona in tears in a few weeks. LOL. Your football team has the Titans still in tears. hahaha
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Strength and Honor

Welcome Chicks and R6's. There's something typical about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturntangerine View Post
I moved from PA to TN in September. I didn't move my bike down yet - long story. I don't have a garage in TN and haven't yet found safe storage.

As for my football team... I'm hoping they leave Arizona in tears in a few weeks. LOL. Your football team has the Titans still in tears. hahaha
They did and they are my boys too I admit, though, that I refer to the QB as Worthlessburger with my wife. He's just not my cup 'o tea, but they've always been my fav team

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode