New to the riding world! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

New to the riding world!

How's everyone doing? Thanks for spending the time out of your life to view my thread. I just joined here because I want to start riding. I am very new to riding, I've never even been on a sportbike. I've ridden dirtbikes a few times out on the dunes, but other than that I'm a noob. I have a few months anyways before I can afford a bike, but figured this would be a good place to start learning. Any thoughts on what a good starter bike would be for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 PM

not to sound assanine, but a small bike would be best.... I was one of the lucky ones; one who bought a big 600 bike and lived to tell the tale of the stupid kid buying a big bike for his first..... get a small bike like a 500, get it used, get it for cheap, get it scratched and damaged cosmetically, and get it done

oh, and welcome to SBW
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 05:41 AM
Strength and Honor

Welcome

The stickie threads in the New Riders forum can help you on your way. Read them over and post up any questions you have after you've Searched to see if they've already been asked or answered

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 01:30 AM

I want to start riding. I am very new to riding, I've never even been on a sportbike. I've ridden dirtbikes a few times out on the dunes, but other than that I'm a noob.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 12:45 AM

A great book to have before buying your first bike

Lots of good info being posted here on this forum..

Have a look at this great book on Amazon as well:

Happy and safe riding!

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode