Hi From Colo. Considering a move - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Hi From Colo. Considering a move

Hi all,
I am a Colorado native who rides daily on the BMW and races my GSXR 600. I am considering a move from Colorado to the Ft Lauderdale area. I'm interested in hearing how the racing scene is as well as any rides in the area. I have the benefit of having all the Colo. mountains to tear it up if i so desire but would rather drag a knee on the track.
I'm an firm believer in gear and have enough to ride year round here.
I spend most of my time with the Colorado Sportbike Forum and the Motorcycle Roadracing Association forum but thought I would see if I could get some info about Florida riding before I make the big jump.

Thanks,
-Doug
Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 12:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
lock up the bikes good

flat curveless land compared to CO. also lock them things up real good many a bikes gone
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:58 AM
Strength and Honor

That's been my impression too, lots of bike theft. My read is there's lots of racing...... on the streets of Miami There are probably some not-so-well-known tracks but the ones in the Southeast that come to mind include VIR (in Viginia) and Barber (AL). Check out Trackpedia's US listings for a complete list of locations.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

thanks

Thanks guys for the reply.
Best part of the BMW is it is heavy and looks like an old man bike (as per my son).
The race bike is a trailer queen but it would suck to loose it.
I never would have guessed that the sunshine state doesn't have any tracks around. We have 2 currently and the clubs are building another this year. We typically will travel to Nebraska for the road course in Hastings.

That has to be hard to own a bike ment for the curves and stuck going in straight lines. Anyone can grab a hand full of throttle, but the corners are what make it fun.

Thanks again.
I'll continue to lurk around here cause well I don't have anything better to do at work these days.

-Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode