new 2 here... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Talking new 2 here...

Hello All,
My name is Mike and I re started motorcycles 2 years ago....got an old 750 nighthawk...when I found out I could still work it,I picked up the bike I have lusted after for some years...a Ducati 900SSCR with many many upgrades...41mmFCRs,Pirelli Diablo corsas,twin headlight mod,D&D Cannisters,Corbin Seat,aftermarket rims polished to within an inch mof their lives,polished and powdercoated swingarm,polished belt covers,polished chain guard,polished rear sprocket,polished brake disc in rear,polishedfootrests,polished foot brackets, and then I polished the polish I polished....WHEW!!!!
I am now filthy...but the bikes ...you know....polished!!
I also picked up a belly pan and painted it red and picked up a rear fender and painted it red with white stripes.
Then I clear coated everything...a few times...
I am pretty happy with the appearance...but I have a new chain guard that mounts on the swingarm that I think needs just a little polish.....
MIke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Hey, Mike! Welcome to SBW!

Just became a new Ducati owner myself, going to pick it up in 3 hours, and those 3 hours can't go fast enough! Sounds like you got a nice bike, post some pics up sometime for all to enjoy.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Strength and Honor

Welcome Mike

I very much look forward to any pics you put up. Ah, Ducati

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:06 AM

Pics needed!

Yes, I must see pictures of this highly polished Italian ingot.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 AM

hey mike, I am also new to this site. I have been riding 1 1/2 years total ! I love it! I have a 250 ninja. Nothing like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Hey, Mike! Welcome to SBW!

Just became a new Ducati owner myself, going to pick it up in 3 hours, and those 3 hours can't go fast enough! Sounds like you got a nice bike, post some pics up sometime for all to enjoy.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 AM

welcome

nothing like enjoying the fruits of your labor. I'd like a Duc myself but will be happy when my Yamaha gets outa the paint shop. Everyone wants pics and if someone could post some instructions on how to enter and send em that would be helpfull. not very good with the computer but I do change my own oil! good ridin
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyrider View Post
nothing like enjoying the fruits of your labor. I'd like a Duc myself but will be happy when my Yamaha gets outa the paint shop. Everyone wants pics and if someone could post some instructions on how to enter and send em that would be helpfull. not very good with the computer but I do change my own oil! good ridin
Hey greyrider, I see you're from preskit. I went to school @ ERAU for a while. Wish I had a bike when I was out there!

As for pics, the easiest way is to go to http://www.photobucket.com and create a free account. Then upload your photos (I assume you're using digital?). Then it will give you a link to your pictures which you can copy and paste. When you get back here, just click on the little icon above the message box that looks like a mini picture of mountains and then paste your link into that.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:48 AM

sending pics

Thanks for the help on sending pics. My 96 YZF 750 R has spent the last 3 yrs at the track and I decided after having the frame straigtened and balanced, the forks and rear shock rebuilt by Progressive, a full Akropovic exhaust installed and carbs rebuilt and dyno tuned by ECS Dyno in Mesa, that I wanted to trick it out with new skins by AirTech and paint by Charles Armstrong, aka "the kid", at autoartstudio here in preskit. should look very trick. Completion date the 18th of this month. It wont see the track in it's new paint but I do have a set of skins just for the track. With all that work it still comes up a lot less than a new Duc and will definaltly be one of a kind. to each his own i guess, good ridin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode