Hello from England - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Hello from England

Hi,
I've just signed up after someone on the Ducati Sporting Club www.ducatisportingclub.com posted up a link to a thread on here. Well a bit about me. 35 years old, been married a couple of times now happily single, male and I live in Colchester in England (the oldest recorded town in England). I have two Ducatis. A 749S Mono in the fastest colour for the road and a 996 Custom for the track, at least I will have once I've finished building it.

Virtual wallet is now open for drinks at the bar. I'm having a JD. Anyone else want a drink?

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Strength and Honor

Welcome

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 05:54 PM

Re: Hello from England

Quote:
Originally posted by Bodybag

Virtual wallet is now open for drinks at the bar. I'm having a JD. Anyone else want a drink?

Phil
Thanks, and welcome.
Got some photos of your KICK ASS bikes?

Ted

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 11:53 AM

Smile welcome

a black an tan with a side of fish and chips would set up just fine, I ride a 96 Yamaha YZF 750R. going in for new paint job monday, cheaper than putting out for a new bike. slight mods bring it to 122mph at 120 horses at the rear wheel on the dyno. when I can figure out how to download pics to his site I'll send some of her in her new skin. I'm jealous of your 2 Ducs in a row!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome. I've stuck some pics in my gallery but they still need to be approved. I don't have any of the 996 yet as its not complete (thats an understatement)!! One of my 749S and a couple of my last two Ducs that I sold middle of last year. I wasn't using the Monster S4 and the 748 went to make way for the 749S. I kind of wish I'd kept the 748S but I'm building the 996 to make up for my gross stupidity!!

Any of you guys got a job for an IT Project manager out there in the USA? I want a change of scenery and have been looking more and more at emmigrating but its almost impossible with a trillion dollars in the bank or a job to go to.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 01:26 PM

the new mid weight 800 that just came out from Ducati caught my eye. I' love a 1098, but it's not good for long rides and I've pretty much given up my days at the track, hence rebuilding the yzf 750 seems the way to go. can't help you with the job. It's my 57th b-day today and the wife and I are going out for a bite. look forward to seeing your gallery. good riding
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Happy birthday fella. I'll have a drink for you. Chin chin.

Are you on about the 848? I've ridden the 1098 and to be honest, its too much for the road. I'm quite happy to keep my hooning on the track. I enjoy having to work the 749S hard on the road to make good progress. I can't understand why anybody would need a litre bike for the public road. Doesn't make sense. 750 is more than enough. Perhaps I'm just a miserable old git?!

Last edited by Bodybag; 01-11-2008 at 08:42 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 AM

dreamin of Italian

Hey, thanks for the correction. 2 years ago Ducati had an 800S model, up from the 750S that i thought would make the best all round perfect bike, inexpensive at less than 9 grand, comfortable and had the unmistakably great looks of classic ducati. It lacked for power but I was'nt bothered by that. The 848 seems to have taken it' place. Hane'vt seen one up close yet and 13k is bit much for this ol' tight wad. Who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery. good ridin
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Re: dreamin of Italian

Quote:
Originally posted by greyrider
The 848 seems to have taken it' place. Hane'vt seen one up close yet and 13k is bit much for this ol' tight wad. Who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery. good ridin
13k translates into 6500. The 848 sells here in England for 9500. Thats $19k!! So you lot out there are getting a real bargain. Bearing in mind bikes here can be shipped from Italy by road and you have massive shipping costs to get to the States. It still comes in $6000 cheaper. Grrr!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 12:36 PM

still dreamin

Heres our path to glory, I think shipping to UK could'nt be more than a couple a thousand. you find the buyers and I'll ship to ya and we'll split the take. Maybe we'll both retire and take a holiday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode