Howdy Howdy - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Howdy Howdy

Hey all

Been riding an 05 Ninja 250 since September 4th, put just over 5k miles on it so far. Love it. In those three months, I've laid it down twice, managed to get second-and-third degree burns while nearly going into hypothermia on a 700 mile roadtrip... but I've been learning!

Starting to look for a full out sportbike now, did a 100 mile ride today chasing after a buddy of mine, through some glorious twisties, while he rode his 07 CBR 600RR and I was able to keep up with him (except for two parts where the road was more wet than I'd have liked - but seriously, I'm not going to pass up on 74 degree weather in December)...

Anyhoo, that's why I'm on here now... looking for a big brother to go with my daily-driven ninjette, something to tear up some twisties on weekend group runs and such. I'd love to have an 08 or 09 CBR 600RR (long-time Honda fan since I bought my old beat-up civic ex), but the reality of being a broke college student kinda sets in and, well, I'm sure ya'll can relate.

Ya'll Take Care,
D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 02:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
dont take any offence to this.

1st, take the msf course

2dn, buy and wear full gear- riding jacket, riding pants (not jeans unless they have armor in them), gauntlet gloves, lid, and riding boots

3rd, keep the ninja for another season. you already laid it down 2x already. you dont want to do that to a 8000.00 bike. plus it sounds your already trying to ride over your head by trying to keep up with your buddies.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

No offence taken.

I was unable to take the MSF this season thanks to job and school... I'll get in it asap this coming spring, though.

My work/school gear consists of mesh jacket, gloves, and helmet - I also have riding pants that I'd have used today if it didn't start raining on me.

I'll be getting full leathers, gloves, and boots with tax refund money if I'm able to - I'll spend all of this coming season on the ninjette, and I'm hoping to find a trackday nearby if I can be so lucky. I'm starting the looking now, because I want to fully know what I'm grabbing when it comes time to fire up that new-to-me engine.

As for being slightly over my head...
<_<
>_>
Well, maybe... I'll admit that I go a bit too quickly most of the time, but I do not go dangerously. I think I was out-braking him, as his brake lights hardly flashed (I'm thinking he was engine braking if not holding steady speed), whereas I was slow-in fast-out for the twisties.

If I'm able to get the bigger bike (one never knows what the future holds) I'll make sure not to leave a bad image for sportbikers... I've got plenty of motivation to ride safely.

I appreciate the input though, always open to critique - its one of the best ways to learn.

D

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 AM

most of the newer guys dont take criticism well. glad you got an open mind to maybe learn something
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 07:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
check out this site. they have a bunch of good used gear for sale. might help save a few bucks. http://forums.13x.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode