Sportbike World banner

This forum Rocks!!!

750 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gixerron 
#1 ·
Hey there SBW !!!! As you guys/gals can tell me the newbie onboard, not new to riding though

A bit about myself and my passion for riding--I am 26 yrs old and been riding off and on for 12 yrs now yup started reallly young on my dads vespa scooter lol :D

A family guy in michigan with a gorgeous wife and 1 yr old kid Cant wait to pass on the flame to my son!!!

My passion for riding began when i was a wee lad of 5. Me dad would take me out on his vespa. When I stood between the front steat and the scooters handle bar, (yeh back then it was legal to take your kid out like that) feeling the wind run through my hair I often wondered when would i be able to have one of my own. I dream came true almost a decade later. In my family riding is not a hobby or a pass-time, its a heritage, its tradition, its a way of life.

As far as I can remember someone or the other has always owned a two wheeler. From old school Nortons and Royal Enfields to Javas and Vespas, to yamahas and kawasaki, to hondas to suzuki's. I am proud to be a motorcycle family.

My Early scooters and bikes---

My first encounter with a 2 wheeler was a vespa scooter I am sure most seasoned riders feel that scooters dont really count as a true motorcycle, well maybe so but for me it was a dream come true when my dad handed my the keys to my very own one!!! after a few memorable years I traded up. Next came my yamaha rx 100, (as you can tell i am not originally from the U.S.) now moving up from my scooter this was a dream machine, it was fast (at the time) sleek, and the "in" bike to have. Its light frame made it so that we could attain speed on our third world country roads (hint) that we not easy to handle with our older bikes like the enfield. Dont get me wrong, the enfield at 500 ccs was a very sturdy crusier, but it was heavy compared to the rx100, those of you familiar with the enfiled (aptly called The BULLET) will know that this 500cc monster had a kick start only, with a manual primer to compress the kick start. The backfire was LEATHAL and the dry weight is 359-370 not heavy by todays standards but the bullet is still limited to (22 HP) then came a bunch of baby crusiers as i like to call them from the yamaha rd 350, to the kawasakis and hondas. First step toward power--My first step toward really power came in the form of my ninja ES 500, now many of you might not consider this to be a POWERFUL machine, well you must take in to account that this is MY EXPERIANCE that U are reading about, not yours. And justifyably so a jump from a 100 cc bike of a 500 cc bike makes a world of difference. I had my eyes set on the 636. but with my wife pregnant and me being the only one working i couldnt afford the payments.

My late father once told me " that there is no feeling better than working up in life, it makes you enjoy the finer things a lot more! ' and boy was he right, (my dad had a norton FYI). The kaw had served me well and after all my motorcycle safety for pro riders classes i had sharpend my skills to take it to the next level.

HERE COMES MY BABY!!!--

after 2 good seasons it was time to trade up to the 636, due to some issues with my deed, and engine troble with my kaw (defect) i had a tough time at my local dealer and so one day i walk into a suzuki dealership, the best thing i ever did! I rode home on my LTD Ed 20th aniversary GSX R 600 it was already broken in as it had 1990 miles on it and never laid down. Now THIS WAS A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!! WHEN I PULLED OFF THE PARKING LOT THE DEALER SAID TO ME " NOW GO HOME ON A REAL BIKE!! AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALIVE FOR YOUR NEXT OIL CHANGE!!!" lol Soon after getting it i was on the internet looking for all the info i could find on my new baby, and guess what so far SBW is the best source of info that i have found!!!!
YOU GUYS ROCK!! i have found so much valuable info here that i am going to go home tonight and start making my list lol :D

Thats me and my Gixer in a nut shell. I hope you found my story some what interesting, for those of you who didnt oh well i cant win em all. looking for riding partners in michigan so hit me up.:D :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome gixerron! Glad you found this forum helpful as that is also how i got hooked. Great bunch of people here who have a lot of knowledge to offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.