New Guy - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 11:15 AM

Hayabusa

Somebody as manly as yourself should just go ahead and spring for a Hayabusa. Plenty of power and it would be a good bike for 2-up riding with your girlfriend.

Also, you should seriously consider pulling the nitrous kit out of your Eclipse and re-install it on the Busa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Wow, settle down ladies............

Quote:
What do you mean you can "rip" a 600 easily? Wow, you can open the throttle and hold on. Congrats. Take your new 750/1000 to the track, and watch guys on "gay" Ninja 500's absolutely whip your ass through the corners.
Of course there are ninja 500's that'll smoke much bigger bikes. Didn't I mention I drag a 4 cylinder car?

Quote:
You wobbling through corners on a bike you clearly can't ride to it's capabilities, or the guy dragging his peg at twice your speed, on a bike with half the power? Believe me, newbies on 1000's provide plenty of comedy to others.
I think I asked for peoples opinions on which bike to buy. I kinda think I went a little modest too, did ya think I sounded conceited at all? And I only vaguely mentioned a 1000 anyway, I'm pppppretty sure I mentioned I thought a 750 was right up my allie. And to top it off, I know I clearly stated that I'm not looking to hot rod on this bike, just have a nice strong bike to ride. Honestly bud, I don't want to race you. I'd rather just make you look stupid for ASS-uming things and ranting and raving with your obnoxious banter.

Quote:
You're not going to learn to get anywhere near the bike's limits by starting out on something that high-performance. If you're so concerned about looking stupid on a 600 or smaller(and even a new 600 is too much bike for you), then you're getting into motorcycling for the wrong reasons.
[QUOTE]You're not going to learn to get anywhere near the bike's limits by starting out on something that high-performance. If you're so concerned about looking stupid on a 600 or smaller(and even a new 600 is too much bike for you), then you're getting into motorcycling for the wrong reasons. [/QUOTE

Quote:
And you shouldn't automatically start riding with your girl on the back. While you're learning to ride, you're going to screw up and make mistakes. You want her on the back as you hit some sand in a corner, or as you hit the brakes too hard at the wrong time?
These are valid points...

Quote:
You should just get a Hayabusa, R1, or Ninja ZX-14, hotshot. I mean, you don't want to outgrow a lowly 750.
If you want a hotshot, I'll gladly slam my Dunkin Donuts coffee just before i blow my wad across your face

But thanks for the pointers! Maybe next time we meet, I can teach you to do no handed wheelies through the tolls of the Tobin Bridge.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 02:58 PM

My God, it can't be, can it?????

IS THIS OLSON'S BROTHER??!!!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 02:58 PM

rino i understand you are looking at a 750 look for a older 1 for a couple reasons cheeper, when you drop it you wont be as upset like you would if it was a new one, not as much power as the new ones but more then you will ever need, learn to ride and get use to the bike before you get into stunting, not that you dont know how to ride but you are still new and still need more experance get a few thousand miles under you belt , DONT STUNT ON THE STREETS stunting on the streets is dangerous not only to you but to others aswell there are many places to stunt just not on the streets with other traffic.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 03:50 PM

My point about the 500's smoking you was the rider's skill, not some souped-up race bike. There are guys who ride 50hp 500's on the track that I'd guarantee would put up MUCH better lap times than you could on any bike of your choice. So if someone on a smaller bike is going to out-ride you, you're not "too good" for a Ninja 500. Only other reason I can think of is you have to feed your ego instead of going for the logical choice, a smaller bike to ride for a season to build your skills.

You want to enjoy the hobby for a long time, not f*ck yourself up because you got in over your head. Nobody thinks they're getting too deep on a bike until something actually happens. You don't realize the mistakes you can make until they happen, since you're inexperienced on street bikes.

No handed wheelies through the tobin? Nah, not on my VFR. That bitch is a tank

Cooketree: very funny! I was thinking the same thing earlier.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

So that being said, I want a little more than a somewhat recent CBR600. What's the next step after that in Honda? I'm looking for something comparable to a GSXR 750, and Honda has always been a preference for me. I hear too that they're a "better ride", not necessarilly a faster ride.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 06:42 PM

look at the interceptor nice bike plenty power 781cc engine

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 06:53 PM

The GSXR 750 is kind of in it's own class, unless you're looking at a Ducatti 749, which are big bucks.

The CBRs jump from 600 to 1000. In the 90's it was a 900. Kawasaki's is a 636, which is a bit bigger than the 600, and Triumph's new Daytona is pretty sweet, which is a 675.

The Honda does have the rep(I guess) of being a little less cramped than the Yamaha R6 and Suzuki GSXR. But any new 600 is still a rocket, you're talking about 1/4 mile in under 11 seconds, over 100 horsepower, and about the same performance as a 1000 from 10-15 years ago. The most noticeable difference in a litre vs. a 600 riding on the street is low-end torque. But once you get a 600 in the upper-revs they scream.

I don't know man, if you have to get a modern race-rep, definitely see if you can test ride someone's 600. I don't think you'll be dissapointed. I've seen a guys, even experienced, on this forum who have 1000's talk about going back to a 600 because the extra power is unecessary, even on the race track. And google the Suzuki SV650S(don't forget the "S"). You can get it fully faired, it looks the part...and it's a torquey twin with enough grunt to pull up the front wheel.

Here's an article comparing the new 600's:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ArticleID=1933

EDIT: See that you already rode a CBR600.

Last edited by slaps76; 05-23-2006 at 06:57 PM.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sscottab
look at the interceptor nice bike plenty power 781cc engine
Which is the bike I have. But remember it's a "sport-tourer" that has about the same power as a newer 600, but weighs about 100lbs more. Still not relatively slow at low 11's in the 1/4 mile.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Now I really want to ride a new 600. Could it be a good bike for two people regularly though? And do any 04' or 05' 600's perform like I hear the 06' do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode