im a noob - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Smile im a noob

well, im a new guy. ive been a member for about 3 days now, but my account finaly got activated. so here is am. i dont have a bike, but i dont think any other person without a bike can have a bigger passion for bikes than me. but yea, i want to buy a bike, but my parents are paying for college, so what they say goes. and they say no bike for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 12:53 PM

It's cool of them to pay for your schooling. Some of us aren't so lucky and had to do the scholarship/pay your way road.

Welcome to the forums, btw.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 12:55 PM

Welcome to SBW!

hey vipes, how ya like the 650?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 02:11 PM

Love it, man. Very comfy ride and has quite a bit of pick up. Not as much as a damn liter but enough to get anyone into trouble 10 fold. My break-in period is almost over too. Right now I'm limited to 6k rpms so once I get another 100mi on her, I'll let you know how fun she really is to ride.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 02:29 PM

Newb here too ! Welcome to the site .......all good things come with time . You'll get that bike one day .....
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 02:49 PM

My parents were the same way, I was living in their house (even though I wanted to move out) and I wasn't allowed to get one. It took me about 3 years of work, but I got my way. Keep on them and youll be riding in no time. Welcome to the board.

Sepias
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 03:10 PM

No worries Fishwiz I am in the same boat but I figure if i put my head down work hard and save I will have that bike in a year. Parents say no at first but once they see will and determination they realize you really want it. They will least grudginly accept.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 04:51 PM

Also hit them up on just allowing you to take the MSF course. I went about it saying, "Let me take it for the experience, I mean who knows I may not even like riding an M/C." I also paid for it myself, even though they offered to cover it. I wanted to show that this was going to be my decision and I wanted to take full responsability for it.

Sepias
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 05:10 PM

Welcome!

Stay in school, graduate, get a good job and buy a really nice bike! Meanwhile a 250 would be a good choice!

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 05:10 PM

." I also paid for it myself, even though they offered to cover it. I wanted to show that this was going to be my decision and I wanted to take full responsability for it.

Same here , got my first ride at 16 and made all the payments , back in 1986 , I think . Geez , I'm gettin' old !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode