Nother newbie Hey! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Nother newbie Hey!

Hello everyone on the site and thanks for the invite..I am just getting back into riding after about 20 yrs. off..I did take the motorcycle safety course and enjoyed it very much.The instructors were very serious and helpful.I am in Mont. county Maryland where it seems like everything is serious business..My first bike was a suzuki TC 185 with dual street/dirt gears .I never street rode legally mostly trail rode for a couple years so it's kinda like starting over.I really took an interest in sport bikes and found an excellent used 03'honda cbr 600 rr .The owner was very knowledgeable and kept miticulous care of the bike ..never raced,never dropped and some nice after market mods as well ..All in all I feel as if I got one hell of a deal .I intended to do a alot of riding with a friend but unfortunately his bike was stolen so I will be flying solo till I meet up with others in my area with bikes.I really would like to meet some more experienced riders in my area and possibly get into some track riding as well..That would be awsome so if there is anyone out there in Mont. county give me a holler..Trust me I am taking it very slow and easy right now..Too many things can go to wrong too fast and I enjoy life and riding my new bike ..Also I would like to find a good mechanic who would not mind doing some side work as I am in no way a bike mechanic and would like to learn as well...Well good riding everyone , be safe ,and keep em' down..terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:51 PM

Welcome to SBW! (standard greeting)

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Excellent ...and right back at ya'

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:58 PM

Welcome to the board! Keep taking it easy, as I'm sure you know, these things have lots of power... ofcoarse thats half the fun If you ever have question on maintanence and up keep, this is the board to ask on. Everything I've leaned about taking care of my ride, I've gotten from here.

Sepias
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Man I was out today for one hell of a ride I could not stop..After a fillup it was all over for about 3 hrs.. And what was funny was it was without incident ,alot of open road ,the weather was perfect and even gave it the old wash/wax when I got home..I love this bike
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 06:43 PM

Those really nice days when all works out well is what really gives you that good feeling. Well, that and maybe the hot blonde at the bar.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:15 AM

Welcome back to the fold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode