looking at 250-400s - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

looking at 250-400s

Ive recently been looking to get a low cc bike. After sitting on a 50cc gp replica i figured out why those are called mopeds...

Anyways I am trying to chose a low cc replica bike. My first choice atm is a fzr 400, cbr 400, vtr 250, or 250 interceptor. My question is where is a good place to find one of these bikes. 250 ninjas are everywhere but i cannot seem to find any of the above in local classifieds, ebay, craigslist, oodle, or cycletrader (online and press). is there another avenue for finding a bike?
Also any opinions on better make between the four?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 03:58 AM
Strength and Honor

Any reason you've discounted the Ninja's? The 250's and 500's are fine starter bikes and far more prevalent, as you've already noted. If you're certain you only want what you've listed, its entirely possible you'll have to buy new, if they're still being made (some don't look familiar at all).

More info on how you picked these would be helpful (including a link if you've already stated these pointers).

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 05:14 PM

Re: looking at 250-400s

Quote:
Originally posted by Munch1324
My first choice atm is a fzr 400, cbr 400, vtr 250, or 250 interceptor.
They make a CBR 400?? Wow, that's news to me. I have a ninja 250, and it kicks ass! Cheap, reliable, efficient, and fun! It'll even keep up with the 600's (assuming the 600's are just cruising )

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

i might end up with a ninja 250. The above seem to have more of a following here of regular riders. The only gripe i have with the ninjas is that many many many people probably use a ninja 250 before it gets to me (most probably drop it once/twice and learn clutch operations etc)
I like the rare imports because they seem to have more of a collector following, are cheaper than the ninjas, and look cooler (not really )
O well Ill be headed off to college or Navy in 6 months so I might hold off till after college if i cant find a learner i like.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Strength and Honor

College is actually a good time to own a learner, IMO. Especially a used on that looks a bit beaten. Its likely you'll drop it so I wouldn't go looking for the most beautiful ride but if you're thinking you want to pick up some tail with it, then perhaps an SV or F4i are better choices

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode