New old guy - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

New old guy

Stumbled across the site today while running a google search... looks like I need to hang out here!

I'm currently shopping for a bike for myself to get back into riding after about a 5 year break. My last bike was a Ducati 900ss, I just recently got my wife interested in riding and got her to go to the MSF course last month. We picked up a very clean Ninja 250 for her to start out on, so I need something to ride!

I'm looking at something sport-touring-ish so I can do my 80 mile a day commute once in a while also... Things have changed a bit in the last 5 years and there are sure a lot of wonderful bikes out there now!

Hope to see you all around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Hello and welcome to the boards. We have alot of great info on the site, and a few good people... maybe .

Welcome again!

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:06 AM

Great to have another geezer on board....it gets lonely.

Remember some of the things you'll see here can make you "Go Blind".

Welcome.....

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:22 AM

Welcome
From one old guy to another. I'm 45 and just picked up my first bike this September and had a blast until it got to cold. Spent my youth with dirt bikes. Any advice on how to get my Wife to stop hating bikes and consider riding as well? (She was convinced if I sat on one I would instantly die.)
I'm sure my ordering a stunt/wheelie sprocket didn't help
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by farmj
Welcome
From one old guy to another. I'm 45 and just picked up my first bike this September and had a blast until it got to cold. Spent my youth with dirt bikes. Any advice on how to get my Wife to stop hating bikes and consider riding as well? (She was convinced if I sat on one I would instantly die.)
I'm sure my ordering a stunt/wheelie sprocket didn't help
Good luck with that one Once I started talking about getting a bike this summer cause of the cost of my commute she was like "maybe I want to ride too!" I found her a nice Ninja 600 thinking it would save us the hassle of starting out with a 250 and outgrowing it too soon. But the weight was intimidating for her, sold it and found the 250 the same day...she absolutley LOVES it and I realize now that the 600 was a mistake. Anyway long story but maybe get her around or on a smaller bike thats less scary...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 06:41 PM

there are a few of us old riders in here iam 42 myself and new to this site i just found it browsing the net and i got my soon to be wife interested in riding , she will be learning on a 85 nighthawkS 700sc. i know the bike is old but still in great shape and i even enjoy riding it still.
scott.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 04:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Welcome to the boards! This is a great place with a bunch of good advice. I myself am in my 30's, so not sure if I'm worthy of posting on this thread. Seeing that it is dripping with wisdom and knowledge. A thousand pardons wise ones....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode