new guy - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

new guy

hello, just joined the other day.

Im looking to buy my first bike here shortly.. probably a CBR600F4

yea i know that i should start out with something smaller but talking to all my friends that ride bikes they say i should do fine on the 600 as it is all in throttle control. Im new to the bike world but not to performance, I drive a twin turbo 87 mustang so I know about speed and I keep all that for the track, Im just looking for something to ride and eventually do some track days. Im already signed up for the MSF class in march. (they end in december and dont start back till march)

Well like I said I am new to bikes so dont be too rough on me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 12:49 PM

Welcome to SBW!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 12:58 PM

I won't burn you on the F4i. I started on the Interceptor 500. It was a good started bike and all I had cash for at the time. So I say if you got the cash get it. Just make sure you budget in all the gear. I'm out with a broken wrist-arm cause it was a short trip and I didn't wear my gloves. Not saying the gloves would of saved me, but theres a big chance.

Anyway good luck and welcome to a bad ass forum.

-M-

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
welcome... have some fun around here and look forward to seein your pics when you get the CBR

E.
Honda's Rule

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mstrand_68
I won't burn you on the F4i. I started on the Interceptor 500. It was a good started bike and all I had cash for at the time. So I say if you got the cash get it. Just make sure you budget in all the gear. I'm out with a broken wrist-arm cause it was a short trip and I didn't wear my gloves. Not saying the gloves would of saved me, but theres a big chance.

Anyway good luck and welcome to a bad ass forum.

-M-
just a regular f4 or maybe an f3, i'll be buying it for my birthday in feb and i'll be buying my gear for xmas for myself. Its great to give myself gifts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode