My Romance with the R6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

My Romance with the R6

Today a fellow female track day rider, you guys know her as DreamRyder, bought the race fairings for the F4i, that so eloquently left my life a couple weeks ago. This made it all final for me. The bike that I loved so much...the bike that almost made me poo myself for the first time, the bike that challenged me, rewarded me and then brought my confidence level right on up, has moved on. She left me cold & afraid of forever being alone, and now...her belongings have been picked up by a... (choke...) a stranger!

**dabbing my eyes** I suppose I'll get over her - I mean, I have already found another. The R6 has so much to live up to, and I know I really shouldn't compare partners, but the R6 just has so much more going for her. I hate to admit it, but the R6 pleased me from the first moment I sat on her...the F4i and I had to work at it a little, She had to coax me along and be gentle before we could really ride fast and hard. Well, that's just how I was at that stage of my life...still a newer rider, timid and shy around the corners.

The F4i was good for me, she understood the need for comforting and ease when it came to my first time and was so patient with me as I was slow and nervous on the track. They always say you'll never forget your first time on the track...I'm glad it was with her.

I first met this 2003 R6 about a month or so ago. She looked good, I was interested for sure, but I wasn't ready to part with the F4i quite yet. I have always been the loyal type. When someone came to me with an offer I couldn't refuse, I sadly let the F4i go, she'll be happy with her new partner, I just know it.. When the R6 came back around, I just couldn't resist the urge to get to know her better, and now a couple days later, she sits statuesque in the garage and is planning on where all her parts & accessories will go.

Now I've only ridden the R6 for a total of MAYBE a half an hour. It's the time of year where it's just damn cold. I don't have insurance on the R6 yet, the tyres are just not going to warm up, and the wind is forcing its way through my leathers...but MY GOD is the R6 a sexy beast. I had to take it easy...speed limits/no insurance...but I can feel such a difference between my former ride and my new one. The R6 feels smoother, sexier...makes me feel all randy! I can't wait to open her up! Randy. That's a great word for it. In fact that's a great name for her. Randi...

Cheesy, I know...but now she has a name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode