The One! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

The One!

Hey guys, im 20 living in GA, just purchased a brand new 2005 suzuki gsxr600. i dont understand why people tell me not to get a 600 for a first bike... i didnt have a problem with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 06:32 AM

Yea I started on an old 750, I dunno if thats more or less power than a new 600, but I am doing fine with it aswell.
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 06:34 AM

Congrats on the new ride.

Be carefull.

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 11:25 AM

Re: The One!

Quote:
Originally posted by Yellowgixxer600
...i dont understand why people tell me not to get a 600 for a first bike...
Because, generally, new riders and big hp, very twitchy bikes don't mix. There's lots of horror stories, so PLEASE take it easy!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

oh

oh yeah i will, im still breaking it in.
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 07:34 AM

Re: Re: The One!

Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
Because, generally, new riders and big hp, very twitchy bikes don't mix. There's lots of horror stories, so PLEASE take it easy!
haha I think yall arent smart for saying people cant handle 600s.. really ..i mean you dont even know these people for all you know they could smoke your ass at riden. I;ve riden in all prolly 10 minutes of rideing on a sportbike...and im better than alot of people in my town..and TwitchY? thats dumb to..My Gsxr is smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth. Nothing twitchy abot it. maybe i have good throttle and clutch control considering i been rideing dirtbikes all my life..i could handle any bike out there. not saying im gunna roll teh throttle all teh time. and take cornesra at 150. but its not like you get on a bike with a little power and you roll it over. Thats just Ignorence....It pisses me off when people like you try to tell people you dont konw what to do..waht to think and how much skill they have.
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 07:45 AM

I'm not getting into another pissing match over why you should/shouldn't start on a modern 600...but I'd like to know, Olson, how you feel you can "handle any bike out there," when you're riding experience is all but 10 minutes?

Just take it easy, guys. You're going to make mistakes on these bikes, just make them going at a reasonable pace.
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by slaps76
I'm not getting into another pissing match over why you should/shouldn't start on a modern 600...but I'd like to know, Olson, how you feel you can "handle any bike out there," when you're riding experience is all but 10 minutes?

Just take it easy, guys. You're going to make mistakes on these bikes, just make them going at a reasonable pace.
I feel this way simply because...they arent like you guys say the are smooth. You dont barely gas n it and end up on your back . you dont have to haul ass its fun and ismple and easy. its only as hard as you make it
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Olson
I feel this way simply because...they arent like you guys say the are smooth. You dont barely gas n it and end up on your back . you dont have to haul ass its fun and ismple and easy. its only as hard as you make it
Dude, just stop. We get your point. You are the next rossi, you can handle any bike on the face of the planet. 10 minutes is enough for you to know everything there is about sportbikes.
Obviously no one here has ever ridden before, and we just making up this whole twitchy thing. Go get your gixxer.

post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:42 AM

No Need to be a prick man. just stating the facts. and as i said up there. im not a pro i wont take fast corners and i dont roll on the throttle all the time dude. i said they arent really twitchy they are smooth yall act like when you barely increase the throttle you shootup to 200mph in first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode