hello ... wanted to check if i got a decent price on my new bike... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

hello ... wanted to check if i got a decent price on my new bike...

hello all ...
this is my first post here. i just bought a 2001 honda cbr 600 f4i with 900 miles on it. It is silver black...all stock except for Erion pipes. The bike has been garaged and the seller was a 32 year old guy who was the first owner. The bike is spotless and was never ridden hard. I paid $5400 for this bike. The blue book retail was $5050. I wanted to know if I got a decent deal on this bike or if I overpaid.

Thanks!

http://sbw.sportbikes.com/gallery/sh...hp?photo=17022

pic of the bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbr.jpg (931.2 KB, 177 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 07:16 AM

Sorry, you overpaid!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:16 AM

by $350? so whats the big deal. Just enjoy riding it.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:38 AM

what a sweet bike....just ride it! lol I wanta know what you think about the seat after say a 2 hour ride. I wanted to buy this bike before I got my sv but i wasnt sure about the seat. Let me know?
thanks,
monica
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

hmm i know i overpaid in the sense that i paid more than the kbb retail value. but kbb does assume a certain milage for a 4 yr old bike and this one had only 900 miles on it. I really wanted a F4i and I was finding it really hard to find a good used one. This guy was asking 5500 and only budged by 100 buks.

I have not ridden it for a 2 hr stretch yet but from what I have experienced it seems alright. Will give you a better update as I ride more.

Thanks.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 01:44 PM

Hey, man, get over the buyer's remorse. Even if you got it for half that price, you'd still be wondering if you should have gotten a different bike or whatnot. I think that's a normal psychological reaction after spending a big chunk of cash on a long coveted item.

Just think to yourself how much having the bike is worth to you? If it is worth $5400, then you got what you paid for, but if it is worth $1 million, then you got one hell of a deal!

It's a sweet looking bike, so forget about the money that's already gone, gear up, and go ride the shit out of it!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 01:59 PM

hey man, that bike had no business being in a garage, screw the money. You liberated that bike from its dark dusty oppressor!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by veektor
Hey, man, get over the buyer's remorse. Even if you got it for half that price, you'd still be wondering if you should have gotten a different bike or whatnot. I think that's a normal psychological reaction after spending a big chunk of cash on a long coveted item.

Just think to yourself how much having the bike is worth to you? If it is worth $5400, then you got what you paid for, but if it is worth $1 million, then you got one hell of a deal!

It's a sweet looking bike, so forget about the money that's already gone, gear up, and go ride the shit out of it!
+1, You got it, now all you have to do is enjoy it!!!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Meat_Shield
hey man, that bike had no business being in a garage, screw the money. You liberated that bike from its dark dusty oppressor!
I will be liberating an enduro bike this weekend. A guy at my work just got another job and will be moving to Colorado. I've been hitting him up for his '85 Honda XL600R that hasn't run in 10+ years due to some engine problems. He has "hemmed and ha'd" about it for the last year, wanting to get rid of it one day, then wanting to fix it up another time. With him moving, I finally convinced him that I should get a chance to fix up the bike, and spare him moving it one more time. Is $100 a good price for it? I don't know, but I am very excited about the opportunity to bring the bike to life and do some different kind of riding. I will be posting in "How to" forum for some ideas about the engine problems.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 06:36 PM

sounds like a blast dude, be sure to post some pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode