Im new, Saying Hey. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Im new, Saying Hey.

Whats up guys and girls. Im new here to this site but not new to the passion of bikes. I say passion b/c I have yet to buy one but am curently looking for an 03-05 R6 Id take an CBR or a ZX but I really like the Yamaha bikes.

Little history on me Im 28 next week and have not owned a bike yet but have always wanted one ever since I was a teenager but I got into cars shortly after getting my licence and Ive been w/ that since then. You can say Im converting from four wheels to two. I currently own a 1995 supercharged Mustang GT 5.0 pushing about 400 HP so I know all to well the responsiblilty's of speed and power. The 600 cc class in sportbikes has become very refinded and fast. I know according to some a 600 cc for a starter bike is prob to much for a beginer but its what I really want and I know my capabiltys. I learnd alot of self control and decipline after building up such a fast/powerful Mustang and even though it does not hold a candle to a stock 600 when it comes to speed it has given me the knowledge of responsiblity when it comes to man VS Machine. So with that said Im ready to make the step up to an R6 if Im just lucky enough to find one, they seem to be very far and few between in my area.

Travis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 08:00 PM

Welcome, take an MSF course, wear your gear, and respect the bike. R6 is not tame bike, but at least you're not going for a 1k or bigger. Good luck, and have fun.

John B.
I could stop if I wanted to.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Si-lo
Welcome, take an MSF course, wear your gear, and respect the bike. R6 is not tame bike, but at least you're not going for a 1k or bigger. Good luck, and have fun.

Thanks, I'll deff wear my gear. I already have a helmet that I had to have for the track when racing the Mustang but as soon as I know Im getting a bike Im going to pick up a nice jacket and a set of gloves.

A MSF course is something I deff want to look into. I deff respect the R6 and any other 600cc bike and this is w/ out even having one yet. Im well aware of what these bikes can do and thats why I have no intrest in anything like an R1 or something like that b/c an R6 is more then enough for me. Im not going to be a power/speed junkie such as I was w/ the Mustang I just want to enjoy riding and try it as something new and exciting.

Last edited by Warp_speed; 07-30-2005 at 01:33 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:20 PM

I live in Gray maine and when i was looking to take the MSF i went to Reynolds its $50 which is about the cheapest you will find the course is on tuesday and wedneday night at 6pm-10pm Definatly wear your gear i was in an accdent about 2 months ago and my gear saved my life I had a jacket pants gloves and helmet on. I just got pretty bruised and a messed up shoulder.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by chris81579
I live in Gray maine and when i was looking to take the MSF i went to Reynolds its $50 which is about the cheapest you will find the course is on tuesday and wedneday night at 6pm-10pm Definatly wear your gear i was in an accdent about 2 months ago and my gear saved my life I had a jacket pants gloves and helmet on. I just got pretty bruised and a messed up shoulder.
Thanks for the head up. Im going to Reynolds on weds/thurs to get my permit. I might be getting an R6 this comming week. A dealer that I called says he knows where he can prob get one, no promises but its better then nothing. I'll know for sure on tues. After I get my permit I'll look into taking the MSF corse.

Sorry about your crash Im gald your ok though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode