new york new york - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

new york new york

what up guys and gals,

here's the thing....

I just got this bike ( 93 honda 900rr) and I never rode before. The first day out, it must have been 2 hours into my ride and I was doing 135mph on the Bruckner EXPRess way.

Everyone i ride with has at least 3+ years of riding. Needless to say I'm the newbie. There i said it.....anyway, i think if i continue riding with these guys i'm either going to kill my self or something worst.....

I've always found that i was better learning in groups so i think a small group of 2 to 3 novice riders riding would be great.....
if your looking to ride with not so experienced riders and are willing to learn together write back.....

i live in new york city and i'm looking foward to riding some of those upsate twisties.....

is that what they call 'em

and if you dont want to ride but have any good advice as to where i should be looking....please by all means.... post up

thanks guys!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 09:54 AM

Friendly warning. You have all the signs of making it thru your first season.

new rider, liter bike, tripple digit speeds on the first day. I suggest a quick change of behaviour if you value your life any at all.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 09:57 AM

i think you mean "not making it through your first season"....yeah....guy take it easy its so easy to screw something up with lack of experience..im speaking from experience ..kinda glad i learned my lesson early on before i got seriously hurt....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

nah.....

i think i got that speed bug out of my system. my main goal for the next few months is to sit back and learn.....you guys are rite, my season wont last very long with the type of aggression i started out with.....

but you wont here me admit that to the boys........with patients comes virtue....this i know. I just hate when time is not well spent.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by boner900
nah.....

i think i got that speed bug out of my system. my main goal for the next few months is to sit back and learn.....you guys are rite, my season wont last very long with the type of aggression i started out with.....

but you wont here me admit that to the boys........with patients comes virtue....this i know. I just hate when time is not well spent.

You need to spend some time riding alone. As a new rider it's very easy to fall into the trap of following the pack. And your pack is obviously not right for beginners (or any other responsible rider). It sounds like you realize this, but you need to make the first move in becoming a better rider and not just another statistic.

BTW, 135 on the Bruckner is suicidal...I'm glad you're here to learn from your mistake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode