New Member - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Whats up? Although I am new here, I am not new to riding. I am 23, comming up on 24. I have been riding dirtbikes since I was 5. Raced motocross when I was 14-16, And bought my first streetbike 2 years ago - a 2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R. Although I have a lot of other hobbies, This is pretty much my entire life, and everything else revolves around it.

Last spring, about this same time of the year, on a trip from Maine (where I live now) to Vermont (my home state), My bike got hit. I was riding with a friend of mine that day. We had stopped at an ATM to get money for lunch in NH, and were waiting at the stop light to pull back out on to the main road. A girl pulling into the same parking lot from our right had been (as the police report states) "Looking at the two bikes/riders and had not been paying attention to current traffic conditions". She was about half way across the lane closest to us when she was broadsided by another vehicle and pushed into us. My friend went down, but only ended up with about 2 scratches on his bike. I was ejected from my bike and unhurt. My bike, however, had been sandwiched between the car that struck us and the minivan which was waiting at the light behind me. The insurance company, not knowing anything about the bike, wrote it off and issued me a check for $6,800. About 2 months and $2,300 later, My bike was back on the road, with a few aftermarket parts.

The bike now has a sharkskinz street fairing kit, Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen (dark tint), custom front signals which I have inigrated into the upper corners of the headlights, a VFX tail light kit, Devil high exit exhaust, K&N Air filter, Dynojet PCM, as well as a few other parts I am sure I'm forgetting at this current point in time. The bike was origionally black, but is now metalic blue. (not the same shade as the stock ZX)

Picture:

http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/auser/22________.JPG

http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/auser/chrisbike2.jpg

I will be kicking around here pretty much all day during the week, as my job is VERY boring. I look forward to getting to know everyone here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 07:50 AM

Hey welcome! I'm new here too... What a story, it's crap like that, that, IMO, is the highest risk to riding. Situations you truly have no control over...

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 09:24 AM

That sucks about your accident. I was hit too at the end of last season. I did the same you did and rebuilt my bike. Your bike came out great, I really like the plain look without graphics. My bike is the same way. check out my photo gallery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode