Introduction - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Introduction

Hello all!

Let me first start by saying that I have been browsing for a few weeks, trying to get information, and this place is GREAT! So much information, and good people to boot.

A little about myself.

I am 19 years old, just got my learners today and I'm going to be taking a class (private lesson, since the MSF course has been full since september) shortly to learn more about riding.

I'm a mountain biker, and have been on a bike since I could walk. I've gone faster in the dirt on my bike than in my car.

I'm also a car nut. Specifically Subaru, but I'm into most vehicles. If it's got an engine, I've got love for it .

I'm just starting to look for a bike and get started in riding. The biggest turnon is 50mpg, since the Legacy only gets 15mpg on a good day.

A few of my friends ride, one with an 05 R1, and another with a few older bikes (77 Kawasaki).

I'm just getting started, but that's me in a nutshell.

Enjoy the ride!

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 08:06 PM

Welcome!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:02 PM

Talking Welcome...

Welcome! Be safe and go ride! ....hey...isn't that HIC's slogan?!? Did you find the post?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

That IS HIC's slogan. Good eye . I have been saying that line long before I knew HIC existed. Kind of a cool coincidence that it's their corporate slogan too though. I am not much of a surfer. I tried, I sucked, but it was fun!

I did find the post, thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction!

I am still pretty lost on what bike to get, considering availability. I am pretty glad that I have the self control to not go out and buy an 05 R6. I'd hate to scratch up a brand new bike, or worse.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAC5.2
I am still pretty lost on what bike to get, considering availability. I am pretty glad that I have the self control to not go out and buy an 05 R6. I'd hate to scratch up a brand new bike, or worse...
This is damn good thinking, not running out and getting a brand new replica.
As far as availability, I can tell you from personal experience that time is your best friend. I don't mean to tell you some stuff you already know, so if I am, apologies, but if you keep your eye on the Cycle Trader, and the local newspaper, inside of 2 months you should see something that's right for your experience level and budget.

Take care.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip!

I'm probably looking to buy in the next month or two.

I have been thinking about getting an older R6.

Are the 02-03 R6's still a ridiculous amount of bike? While I do feel like I will become a capable rider, I'm still a beginner now, and I'll be a beginner until I get more riding experience under my belt.

I'll keep my eye out. There's gotta be someone out there who wants to get rid of a bike to upgrade for the season.

As long as I can get 50mpg, I'll be happy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 06:55 AM

Talking been a long time....

...yeah it had been a long time since I saw or heard anyone say that. I've owned ALOT of HIC equipment over the years! As for your bike cofusion......look hard at Suzukis' SV650 and 650S models. I have a good friend that races and helps instruct at some of Pridmores' eastern schools....he says the SV is an awesome learners tool (he is also a Suzuki dealer..'lil bias... maybe?)! One thing to be sure of though, there are alot of good "starter" bikes out there and as Ducati said above.....time is on your side! Happy hunting!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 07:03 AM

hi from SPAIN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode