Tall Newbie - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Tall Newbie

sup everyone, I am looking at getting a sport bike.. maybe. I was wondering what is a good bike, I am almost 6'6" and want somethign i can cruise aroudn town on or take on some trips, not too long, maybe a couple of hourse at the most. I am looking at somethign around a 600 with some decent styleing, not looking for a powerhouse, just somethign to ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 09:22 AM

I am not as tall as you 6ft but, have bad knees and they hurt badly when I ride for long periods of time. The best thing I can tell you is just to sit and as many bikes as you can and buy the one the fits you the best.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 10:18 AM

Taking this from your Thread "--want somethign i can cruise aroudn town on or take on some trips, not too long, maybe a couple of hourse at the most.---".

That is telling us you want a bit for riding around town & just short runs on the backroads or hwys.

Since the sportbike is NOT a good bike to ride around town due to extreme lean forward ridning position (more so from your height) & just just a few hours on the hwy again that is saying not the roll of a sportbike.

Besides you need to take the MSF Course to help you get the basics to stay upright on a m/c & ideas of how to stay alive on the roads.

So I would suggest you take a look at the 500cc vertical twins offered by Suzuki & Kawasaki as both of with regular riding postions, true handelbars & wider so better chance of holding the bike upright, plus the advantage of the feet not seemingly being jammed up & under your butt.

Both bikes are good bikes for riding around town & if you accidently drop one of them,which is so common to beginners & even experienced riders, then the damage is minimual as the bikes are not loaded with the costly ABS plastics as used all over the sportbikes.

Either bike is faster then most cages off the stop sign & can take you up to 90 or 100mph. Plus the cost of insurance & original cost of either bike is less then any sportbike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode