Hey all - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Hey all

How's it going everyone. New to the boards so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Ian from Columbus, MS, right now I'm riding a 04 GS500 that doesn't belong to me. My buddy dropped it and won't get back on it. Since I had to sell my Ninja when I moved back here from FL he just gave me the keys until he figures out what to do with it. I work at a Kawi dealership and hopefully this spring I'll be picking up a new ZX6RR that will be a street/track bike. I'll be racing in Birmingham, AL so if anyone else will be there this spring and summer drop me a message and we'll get together. Talk to you all on the boards, be safe and keep the rubber side down.
-Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Welcome Ian....

Hope you find some locals to ride with... otherwise you're welcome to ride your keyboard with us out of towners here at SBW

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Dream. I'm enjoying the board so far. It seems to have a bit of everything for everyone and everyone is pretty friendly. A lot like a bike group is supposed to be I guess.
-Ian

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 06:45 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

where in FL did you move from?

I grew up in the panhandle area...

E.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
where in FL did you move from?

I grew up in the panhandle area...

E.
Where in the panhandle? I've lived in Tallahassee twice....anywhere close to there?

Also, welcome Ian. Glad to have you here, and this site has been the best site by far for answering any and all questions, both motorcycle and non-motorcycle. Everyone here's pretty funny, and you'll get some good laughs out of this group. If you're ever having a crappy day, log on here for a laugh and to see that your day isn't as bad as some of ours!
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
Where in the panhandle? I've lived in Tallahassee twice....anywhere close to there?

Also, welcome Ian. Glad to have you here, and this site has been the best site by far for answering any and all questions, both motorcycle and non-motorcycle. Everyone here's pretty funny, and you'll get some good laughs out of this group. If you're ever having a crappy day, log on here for a laugh and to see that your day isn't as bad as some of ours!
Baker FL.. 45 minutes north of FortWalton Beach a trip I made a many of times during the summer

as wheelie said.. you get alot of variety around here - it's our break kinda from stress related reality at work

now according to tradition.. you bein a new member and all.. you have to post a pic of yourself

E.
hehee I held out long enough

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

I was living in Arcadia, it's about an hour and a half south of Tampa. What a crap hole of a town. I never thought I would be glad to move back Mississippi.
-Ian
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
E.
hehee I held out long enough
Way to go, E!

Fort Walton's supposed to be pretty cool, from what I hear. You miss FL?
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Quote:
Originally posted by slowmopar
I was living in Arcadia, it's about an hour and a half south of Tampa. What a crap hole of a town. I never thought I would be glad to move back Mississippi.
-Ian
Only time I was down yonder ways was to hit Busch Gardens and Universal Studio's ...

What were you there for ?

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
Way to go, E!

Fort Walton's supposed to be pretty cool, from what I hear. You miss FL?
you betcha it was... Destin - right next to FW... had some awesome semi private beaches you could get away with alot on ofcourse that was back in 1989 and before LOL... I think they've gotten more strict now.. infact I think my swinsuit would be considered illegal to wear there now

I do miss it but my family is all there so I go revisit often.. but I enjoy the snow time fun on the sleds up here in MI and dont' think I could do with out a real winter ... in that part of FL we still got freezin temps but hardly the snow to go with it to make it worth while...

E.

post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

I made the mistake of moving down there with someone and it didn't work out real well.

I'm on the work comp now but I'll try and get a picture or 2 to throw in the gallery.
-Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode