Hello - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Hello

Hi...I guess I'm the new guy.

Well, my name is Tyler, and I am from Midland, MI. I have been a "car guy" for about 5 years now. I really started to get big into cars with my 94 Mazda Rx7. Unfortunately after a year I was broke...I had more than a few problems with that car, and I had to get rid of it last winter. In exchange for that I got a 94 Integra GSR, which I have since turbocharged to 221whp on only 5psi. I recently bought another car, a daily driver Scion xA, and have since realized that I really don't need two cars...so I have decided to sell the Integra and use the money to buy a bike. I think that is the best possible direction for me right now. Since my dad moved out we really haven't done much together, which is really sad for me because we were really close when I was a kid. He is huge into motorcycles (has a 2000 Suzuki Intruder LC 1500) and I think me getting a bike and riding with him would not only give us something to do together, but will really help our relationship. Plus it's something I've been getting excited about for a while now. It's strange - I think about myself being on a bike and my adrenaline kicks in and my heart starts beating faster...but I can see myself driving in a Corvette and nothing happens lol...maybe riding a bike is the natural progression for car guys.

So, that's where I am now...the car is for sale (let me know if you're interested at all...) and I'm looking for a mid-sized sportbike, narrowed down to the ones in my signature. I guess from there I will probably modify that, but I can't think that far ahead right now. I know I'll probably do something with the exhaust, but not sure what yet.

I am 21 years old in October, and am a senior at Michigan State University, majoring in Chemistry. I hope to either work in a chemical manufacturing plant or work as a criminalist in a crime lab somewhere.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself.

Tyler

Last edited by Sprockett; 08-23-2004 at 10:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Well, after reading a few things in the new rider section, I'm not so sure I want to get a bike anymore
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprockett
Well, after reading a few things in the new rider section, I'm not so sure I want to get a bike anymore
Welcome...why would you do a 180 so quickly?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Well...

I had my heart set on a certain thing, and I know that I would not be comfortable riding that now. I know I'd probably end up killing myself or hurting myself, or watching myself go even further towards being completely broke...maybe I'll start when I get on my feet a bit more, or grow a little older...but honestly, I just wouldn't be happy with anything less than a 600cc sportbike, and I know now that I wouldn't be able to control it. So it would either be unhappy for a few years on smaller bikes, or hurt myself on the one I want - neither of which sound very good to me right now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 12:38 PM

An early 90's F2 or F3 would be ok, or an SV650, or a ZX6E...all good choices if its gotta be a 600...you sound like your mature enough to handle it! Good luck, whatever you decide.

Last edited by RSVRick; 08-23-2004 at 12:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode