Howdy - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Howdy

Hello, new here from esportbike.com/sportbikes.com...
been lookin around a lil bit and recognize a couple names

I worked out an advertising deal with Mike the admin. here and he mentioned this site, so I thought I would look around a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 04:22 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Welcome to SBW!

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:06 AM
Some days are like this.

Welcome to the site!

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
welcome to our little nitch in the e world

so tell us about yourself... what do you ride? where do you ride?
are you single.. how tall are you... what's your shoe size... j/k I'm in a humerous mood today...

ya know your screen name rings a bell for some reason...

E.

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Hi guys/gals thanks for the welcome. Spicerke/Spicersh i see you both had F4s stolen? Or are you guys talkin about the same bike? I have an F4 orange/blk...soon to be all black maybe. I crash pretty often and the bike needs some paint. Thinkin bout goin to soild black. Ive had it since new in 00. I love the bike. I have had opportunitites to ride many other bikes but always end up missin my F4. I have ridden the RR on the track three times and love it and I am sure I might end up lovin it more than the F4 if I really got used to it. But I am still faster on my F4 in the corners.

Dreamryder - I am a single male, 32 yrs old, 5'11" enjoy long walks on the beach.... hehe j/k

Spaz isn't a very common name so we may have run across each other on a site somewhere.

I used to ride only Palomar mountain here in SoCal but am tryin to stick to riding the track only. Its much safer and I may live longer. I have been in too many accidents on the street and am thinkin I need to lower the odds of gettin into a really bad accident by stickin to the track.

Last edited by SPAZ; 06-29-2004 at 06:38 AM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:41 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Quote:
Originally posted by SPAZ
**... I have an F4 orange/blk...soon to be all black maybe.

Dreamryder - I am a single male, 32 yrs old, 5'11" enjoy long walks on the beach.... hehe j/k

Spaz isn't a very common name so we may have run across each other on a site somewhere.
I should have went with an F4i for a track bike..when I decided to keep my 929 for street only... long story...

glad to see you have a good sense of humor ... you'll fit in well here

well I only frequent SBW... LOL... and up till Feb of this year I only visited Redline's forum on here after I found my way out I've seemed to infect all areas of SBW now so unless you've been on here before or someone else has had your screenname before not sure it would have been you I was thinking of...

E.

ah cool... another track addict

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

My bike is actually an F4. Built the year before the F4i came out. But I have crashed an F4i too actually someone helped me crash it
In my opinion 600s are way better for the track. Especailly tight tracks. The bigger bikes can usually take me at the end of a straight but i get um back in the tight stuff. Unless of course the rider is used to the 1000cc but thats somewhat rare. It takes alot of skill to tame the big bikes and use them correctly in the corners and on track days you don't see that too often. Don't get me wrong though I'm not braggin. There are plenty of good riders on bigger bikes and I have alot to learn to even get anywhere near the full potential use out of a 600. I just prefer 600s and see alot of people at the track riding liter bikes that can't handle them in the corners.
I guess my thoughts on this are best summed up in: when I watch other people ride the track or race I just love watchin the little bike 125cc-600cc pass the bigger bikes in the corners

Last edited by SPAZ; 06-29-2004 at 07:02 AM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Quote:
My bike is actually an F4. Built the year before the F4i came out. ** .. **
I guess my thoughts on this are best summed up in: when I watch other people ride the track or race I just love watchin the little bike 125cc-600cc pass the bigger bikes in the corners
oh I know the F4 was prior to F4i... I like fuel injection better than carbs so that's why I said I wanted the F4i and the F4i is not as aggressive of a stance as the RR... I like comfort

I agree about the smaller bikes.. especially at Grattan.. it's so technical the smaller bikes have the advantage except down the long ass straight away one bike out there I loved to watch was a fella on an Ex500 kicken ass ... but i have seen some guys kick ass on the bigger bikes through the technical areas as well ~ one person was on a 929 and another was on a 900.... I just ride for the fun.. and loved how my 929 handled out there and I was decent up till I lowsided (possible rider error in not getting far enough off the bike for the turn and ran out of tire or lost traction caused from too many heat cycles) after that I wanted a disposable bike that I didn't mind puttin down so I could push myself.. and I came across a used gixxer 750 that "sounded like a good deal" ... all in all I am not comfortable with it and will be giving it one more track day to see if I can manage to get back in the groove with it.. if not out she goes and I'll be in the market for either an F4i or another 929...

E.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 07:28 AM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Hi guys/gals thanks for the welcome. Spicerke/Spicersh i see you both had F4s stolen? Or are you guys talkin about the same bike?
Same bike.

Spicersh had an XX that was totaled, so he attempted to abscond with my F4... then some sticky-fingered bastage relieved us of it before we could really start fighting over it.

A blessing in disguise? Maybe.. but I still want the thief's hands for a trophy.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

I hear ya about the fuel injection. Its way smoother than my carbed bike. Speakin of comfort the "banana seat" on my F4 is as ugly as sin but super comfortable
Ive never ridden a 750 but I hear they are great track bikes. Like you said maybe you just need a lil more time to settle in on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode