N00b biker just starting out - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

N00b biker just starting out

Whats up guys, just got my lisence a few weeks ago, passed the Motorcycle saftey course to get it. Got a perfect score, w00t. Never owned a bike, but I want one badly. Hopefully have a bike in time, so I figured I would read up on all the bikes and try and decide from your guys input and opinions which is the best bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 04:19 PM

congrats bro, and good luck on your search.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, hopefully i'll make some friends on here so i'll have some people to ride with as well

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 04:56 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Congratulations and welcome to the site!

Look around in the New Riders and New Members forums, lots of threads dealing with first bikes. Read up and if you have questions that aren't covered then feel free to ask!

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 10:56 AM

Welcome to the group. Congrats on your license. As far as bikes - I am biased to the Ninja 500R. I am a tall drink-o-water and it felt more comfortable than the Ninja 250 or Suzuki GS500F which were other considerations. It has been a gem - powerful enough to get me out of trouble when I need it, but not so powerful as to get me into trouble. It is also very simple and frill-free, which will make for pretty easy maintenance.

Good luck and have fun!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

awesome thanks for the info, so i'm assume taller people = ninja
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 08:15 PM

have your purchased your rider gear yet? If not let me give you some good advice because I just went through it.

If you want to take your bike to track days which is awsome time to do some learning in a safer enviorment then you will need full race gear.

Now with that being said it might be easier for you to buy it all now so that when you choose to go you know you got everything you need. Plus I never expected to pay what I did for my full setup which came to $1150 CDN which is a good price for what I bought.

I don't know what kind of riding you will be doing but like most people will say the gear is just as important as the bike you ride. And if taken care of can last you a good amount of time.

GL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode