more like re-new..new bike,new name - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Cool more like re-new..new bike,new name

i guess i had to get a new user name.. can't go by fzr1000 when you own a 96gsxr750.. have a good one guys, and gals. just a few more days to riding season here in ma.. trying to keep my head up...

"one who never takes a chance never has a chance"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 10:54 AM

Pick a name that does NOT nail you to a make or brand of product. See how mine has nothing to do with the make or model of m/cs I ride, or what f/arms I prefer, or anything ----- just a simple name that most would use when speaking to me. Try not to make it a doozer when it comes to someone replying to you specifically on this Site. Simplicity goes a long way in smoothing out things.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

thanks smitty, certainly makes good sense...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
copper, quick question, did you sell the gsxr and get a zx11???

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

well, that's a double edge sword... the deal with the gsxr didn't go threw,.,so i got the beautiful brandy wine zx11d model.. the bad news, i was warming the bike and took it for a quick run, i hit piece of ice and down i went for the first time.. the bike is in rough shape.. the only mechanical injuries were broken levers, shifter, ect.. the body is totalled... the frame didn't even suffer any scratches nor the engine.. i guess any wreck you can walk away from is a good one... it's up in the air right now getiing redone.. will be good as new by spring.. even better.. on a good note the zx11 was a great buy.. to be honest i didn't realize til after why. great comfort and POWER. great mix.. well, thanks for asking, as they say, keep the shinny side up! how's the racing going.??

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 09:59 AM

sorry about the zx11. i really, really, really wanted a zx11 for a long time. fast, comfy, big. but my current schedule has no time for sport-touring.

as for racing, not looking good for '03. i'm plan to do a lot of cornerworking for teampromotion. it'll pay for track days. kinda sucks. but we'll see. maybe i'll hit that friggin' powerball lotto for xmas.

Tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

i actuall thought about using the zx11 for 1/4 track. i live in ma. and the nearest is nh.. a FEW hour away. and the round track is in conn. same thing.. the travel time is just not feasable..5 hours just in travel time.. i have a wife and 15mo, old .. can only see myself there once a month.. just not enough.. i am thinking maybe an older gsx or kz to make into a race machine 1/4 ofcoarse atleast that is somewhat closer..maybe i'll find a starter basket case on ebay.... hope you hit the ticket.. don't forget me!!

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 06:33 PM

with the economy going downhill, you should be able to find a decent bike on the cheap.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode