hello, hello, hello - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

hello, hello, hello

New member here, new rider too...CBR600F4i, Black and Silver...no mods...yet.

lots of fun so far, no really scary moments yet, (knock on wood) other than being cut off the odd time...

Sooo, hope the snow goes away sooner rather than later, so I can get back on the road...BTW, does anyone have any opinions on Kerker cans?? Thinking of getting one of their slip-ons...

Rubber Side Down!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 11:01 AM

Welcome to the board Daved. Still as a fellow Cdn I know it will be sometime in March before we can start to venture out, but even then it will be a bit hairy what with all the salt/sand/gravel they have put on the roads for cage people.
Sorry no knowledge on the slip-on you are aiming at. Personally I leave the stock cans on my m/cs for there is really no gain in power with a slip-on other then sound. I go for something like Kevlar front brake lines to give me that bit of extra bite when it becomes a must & of course now that 'frame savers' are avaliable that is pretty well a MUST.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

hello

Thanks for the warm welcome!

looking for a can more for the sound than anything, the F4i has plenty of power...want ppl to hear me coming if they can't see me...

who sells a good looking screen (in dark smoke)??

Dave

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 09:05 PM

Re: hello

Quote:
Originally posted by daved
Thanks for the warm welcome!

looking for a can more for the sound than anything, the F4i has plenty of power...want ppl to hear me coming if they can't see me...

who sells a good looking screen (in dark smoke)??

Dave
Even though I hate loud bikes......try a D&D...

For the screen, Zero Gravity makes a good one..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Pipes

Thanks, I'll look into those...so many from which to choose!! Any opinions on the Pilot tires vs. Metzelers?

Dave
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 03:11 PM

Re: Pipes

Quote:
Originally posted by daved
Thanks, I'll look into those...so many from which to choose!! Any opinions on the Pilot tires vs. Metzelers?

Dave
Pilots vs. Metzler's...I assume you mean the Rennsports..? You can also add the Pirelli Supercorsa's as well, same tire as the Renn's, different tread pattern...K.......I went through 3 sets of the Pilots...There's only one thing I liked about them, as opposed to say, the Dunlop 207's..and that is, the Pilots tipped over much easier, however, imho, the Pilots have some bad traits...They take way longer to warm up, they don't slide predictably, and when they let go, there's no warning...and finally, they seem to want to make the bike run wide..Now, my opinion of the Renn's/Supercorsa's....They tip over a tad easier than the Pilots, the Renn's/Supercorsa's warm up WAY faster, you can slide em as they are VERY predictable, they steer very nutrual, and finally, when they are so cooked, they will still give ya some warning before they let go.......OH..almost forgot...Feedback, is much better on the Renn's/Supercorsa's too......

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 12:01 PM

Welcome

Hey Daved
Welcome to the site.
TIMMINS !! Now I understand why you're lookin' for louder pipes; to scare the bears off the road
Squids upa North gotta compete with the sound o'Skidoos too!
Goin' to Parry Sound??
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

That's that rally in Parry Sound right??? I just heard about that at the end of this season...yeah, definitely would like to go to that...will have to see w/work though...

Do you know anything about the FAST Driving school I've been hearing about??? Dates, details, cost etc...if not, any idea who I'd contact about it?

Got any snow down there yet?

haha
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 03:06 AM

F.A.S.T. school

Call them at 418-422-5500 or fax 418-422-5520 TODAY!!
Their classes are filling up very rapidly. They had a line-up at the Toronto show. I'm going June 12!!
Using their leathers/helmet/gloves/boots and bike (R6, GSXR600, or SV650S) is about CDN$435 for an 8 hour day (that's with $2000 deductable, $85 more buys you a deductable down to $250). Completion entitles you to apply for a race licence. They also have classes in St.Eustache (French only) and Cayuga (your own bike only, CDN$235).
Parry Sound is July 5-6. PM me if you're serious about going.
Ya! Got snow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode