New to the board - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up New to the board

Howdy everyone... name is Darren, and I am new to the board. I am recently back from Afghanistan, and my wife had a suprise waiting on me. A brand new 2002 Katana 750... better yet, she has a new 600 Katana so she can ride with me. We have both taken the MSF course and both wear full gear when we ride. My experience is Motocross my whole life... had a YZ 250 for years, the army took away my delusions of grandure about racing professionally... he he he. Anyway, this is my first street bike since selling my old trusty 1987 VFR700 Interceptor ten years ago. The Katana isnt an R1 or a Gixxer that is for sure... but it does suit my needs perfectly. I have added a full D&D exhaust, changed from a 45 to a 48 rear tooth sprocket, added a K&N filter, 5 degree advancer and rear underseat tray with rear hugger. The bike handles very well... I ride with a group of about ten riders, all with CBRs, R1s, or gixxers... one has an R6.. and my Kat will pretty much stay with them in all the corners. I can not hang top end, but that isnt what I am here for. I want to become a better rider, and this heavy bike should do it for me. My wife is also a rider, however her experience is not as great as mine. I spend alot of time reading the forums on KatanaPlanet.com and have had some very good advice from some wonderful people on that site. I stumbled onto this site by accident, so I will be spending alot of time here as well. Ride safe everyone....

Sincerely,

Darren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 02:05 PM

Smile Welcome.

Welcome to sBw Darren.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

my bike

here is a pic of my bike...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 03:46 PM
Some days are like this.

Hi Darren!

Welcome to SBW!

Standard disclamier: Robert can't be held responsible for ANYTHING said by most of us.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 04:41 PM

Katana in BLACK. That I like as my Yamaha YZF600r & Honda 929 are also BLACK. My preference in colours.
Welcome to the board & hope to see Threads or Posts from you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode