>Who likes turbos? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Arrow >Who likes turbos?

I do! Hey all, im from ft. myers, im just wainting ot get my kaw ninja 500, but right now i have my Turbo Mr2, which im crazy about. Its modded to close to 300hp. And doesnt look to bad either

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 05:43 PM

hey im from ft myers to dont hav a bike for 2 years when i get my lincense but was just wndering if you got your bike at powersports and how was the service as i might be getting a new quad from there
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

i mean im waiting untill i turn 18, in a few months. but like i said the mr2 will keep me company.

in april...its ninja time.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 01:22 PM

ohh improbly getting my bike at 16 but wont get insurence for a year or 2 (just riding it to verot for high school) and then gettin a car for anything else
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 03:40 PM

Sup guys

GoTime242:
What year is your mr2?? And what mods do you have done?? My mr2 is currently for sale but i had a ton of stuff sitting at home just waiting to go into the motor. It was gonna have well over 400hp. I love that car, but i need to get something else now

R6freak:

I don't know if the state will allow you to get your license. I think you might have to be 18! IF you can try to take the MSF course for riding, you'll learn alot from it!

laters
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 04:17 PM

i know i get my car license at 16 thought it was the same for bikes to
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Ducati Racer: My mr2 is a 1991, so far (engine wise) I have intake, exhaust (no 2nd cat), ignition, mbc @ 15 psi, and a Nitrous Express kit on its way. I will be running a 50 shot.

What do you have "laying" around? Tell me about yours..

Later
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 07:04 AM

ft. lauderdale here. if your under 18 you have to take the msf coarse before you can get your liscense, I believe as well you must have insurance on it until your 18. which will be about 3 times as much as a cars insurance.

as far as turbos go, the bike I learned to ride on years ago was ducatti with a turbo and nos slapped on. bike could easily have broken 200mph.

and when it comes to cars, post them else where this is a bike board, most of us use them as transportation and only when its raining. I've had cars in the past most of you guys could only dream about when I was racing. cars like:
'86 vette, gutted running a supercharged 383, almost 560hp
'76 vette, tubed, worked over 455 with fi, about 830hp all motor
'97 vette, custom bbs, twin turbo, tweaks in place anywhere from 460 up to 620hp
'98 viper acr, henessy upgrade kit, twin turbo, upgraded engine, would run from 645 up to 940hp

all set up for road coarses, now that I've gotten into bikes, cars just really bore me, they are just slow and heavy now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode