Jus' sayin "hi"... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Smile Jus' sayin "hi"...

Hey everybody: Just signed up and wanted to drop in to say what up. I just had my 40th birthday and on the day in question I bought an '02 triumph sprint. I bought a red one because british racing green just seems wrong on a bike. I feel invisible enough to cars without tempting fate by matching the surrounding vegetation. Anyway...I am seriously in love with this bike. I rode a VFR (preferred the sprints greater displacement) and an f4i (comfort issues) but in the end the ST struck me as a bike that could do it all and do it quickly. A buddy just bought a used 750 and we did a 3 day trip through the interior of BC....three solid days of twisties!!! All I can say is that it was pure bliss...hammering through turns, focusing on technique...you dig, I'm sure. I cant believe I waited this long to try a sport bike! The bike has made me a better, more conscientious rider....I set up my turns properly, check my entry speed, try to downshift properly (it's hard to be smooth) I'm having fun and improving...this bike is the sh*t!

Happy to be here,
MoNkEyBoY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 01:00 PM

At 40 maybe you should reconsider monkey"boy"! Welcome to the over the hill gang. peace
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

hey RSV...

Thank you for the welcome....I realise I may be stretching it with "monkeyBOY but like I always say...youre only young once but you can stay immature forever

I can honestly say I have few regrets in my life but one of them is that I waited this long to ride a sport bike. I've been riding for just over thirty years and grew up around motorcycles. Mostly Harleys, standards, and dirt bikes. My family had this prejudice about sport bikes that I never shared but never challenged either. The only positive thing I can draw from that is that I have the maturity and experience to (hopefully) not get in over my head with this type of bike...I cant begin to tell you how enthusiastic I feel about riding now. A few posts above mine someone has articulated these feelings more eloquently than I could.

I'm goin' ridin...have a groovy day,
Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode