new chic from FLORIDA. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Smile new chic from FLORIDA.

Hey everyone,
New here.Some info about me.I passed the MSF course 2 months ago, still getting my riding gear (kinda hard to get locally so its ordered 'ladies you understand', and then I'll have my bike.I'm getting a CBR f3 'til then I enjoy riding 2up:P
But anyhow its been about 4 years since I started liking the sport.I had been curious to know what sportbikes were all about.Looked like a whole lot of fun to ride and brought on the feel of adrenaline.When I first rode on the back it was a lot of fun.Since that point I have wanted my own bike and wanted to learn how to ride.Thats all folks.
Later,
Princess

Last edited by princessonaf3; 09-14-2002 at 02:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 02:56 PM

You'll never ride on the back again. lol
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Well, just not as often when I get my own bike.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 04:05 AM

welcome to florida, now leave , anyway good luck with the f3, I'm down here in the ft. lauderdale area and might be moving up in your area, more likely orlando next may, how is it up there, hows the jobs and cost of living like, nice roads?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 05:43 AM

Hey, as soon as you get that f3, send me an e-mail or something, we could go riding or somethin.

There's a fair group at embry riddle that meets in their parking lot on thursday nights at 7 pm. If you take the main road into campus, when you come to the stop sign at the circle where the wright brothers plane is, make a left into that lot, but you should see the bikes there to begin with.

Also, hooters on ISB thursdays at 9 I think. And from time to time a group of us sportbikes meet at volusia mall parking lot at the food court.

Also, if you don't already know... Daytona cops HATE us sportbikers. Don't be surprised if you get a $78 ticket for 5 over the limit. Daytona needs a bunch of murders or something... the cops have nothing better to do than hand out traffic tickets all day long. (I'm sure you've already found this out by now)

Anyways, you'll probably see me around. I ride one of the 3 green kawi's that are in daytona.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 07:48 AM

hey there limey, tell me about the area up there, any good law enforcement jobs? hows the rent?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Orlando is nice, not as big as Miami for sure.There are things to do and nice area for the job market...law enforcement yeah.I had a friend move there to be Firefigher/Paramedic for the city of orlando and I haven't seen him in a long while.It must be working for him.
The cost of living...I'm not sure about that.But I think its less and better to live a little out of Orlando such as in Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Lakeland, Casselberry just a few.Then drive over to work.Orlando is a busy city and I think the city is expensive and/or busy to live in, so smart people don't live in the city itself.
Nice roads to ride on...I have no idea.There are some...there has to be or else why do so many riders live in the Orlando area.Post a message, there are a few riders from that area...nick_nolastname, BanditBoy, and wpath.
Good luck.And safe riding.
Princess
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

limegreen6R,
I would love to ride.I will e-mail you as soon as I get my f3, but will you still be here.
It seems to be delayed more and more because of gear and financing for a bike.Sucks...I have a firebird and insuarance kills when I'm just only turning 20 in the next few days...2 weeks exactly
Do u go to Riddle?I see a lot of riders from there.I got to DBCC.Tranfering next year.
By the way, do u know about a stunt show happening at the New Smyrna speedway in New Smyrna beach Friday October 18th,2002 @ 7pm its by Signal 12 a Sportbike Stunt Team from Jax.The event is sponsered by Bikers Paradise.
www.signal12.com
I didn't imagine the cops liking you even the motorbike ones.
I thought its more like $44 I thought for 5 over.But still I go five over in my car.
You saidDaytona needs a bunch of murders or something... the cops have nothing better to do than hand out traffic tickets all day long. (I'm sure you've already found this out by now).
I did find this out several times.I got a light out (pulled over), I had a brake light out (pulled over)...I know exactly what you mean!And no warning too.They love to eat their jelly donuts while filling out paper work its there excuse to eat them.
I might have seen you around.Since its a small world here in Daytona, but I wouldn't remember.I see many bikes these days when its nice out.
What kinda helmet do u have? Well I will have a f3 you know, but helmet no idea.I'm going by Fun Machines to pick up some pants I ordered and get me a helmet in 2 weeks.I want to ride by Bike Week for sure or before summer.
Nice to know I'm not the only local on here.
Princess.

PM me with an e-mail address.I will too.

Last edited by princessonaf3; 09-15-2002 at 11:18 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentNEKO
hey there limey, tell me about the area up there, any good law enforcement jobs? hows the rent?
it's not bad. M:F ratio SUCKS if you're a heterosexual guy. If traffic enforcement is your thing, then daytona is for you. Rent is amazingly low.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 11:24 AM

I gots me a woman so maybe I'll just knock her on the head with my trusty club and drag her up to daytona sometime I like busting fools in traffic its fun. I'll check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode