New member in Orlando FL area - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

New member in Orlando FL area

I bought my latest bike, a Honda 919 in April from Performance Honda. Have yet to see another in this area! Would like to meet anybody else who has one in this area.
Hi to everyone else, too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 02:38 PM

Smile

Hey wpath,

Welcome to SBW. How's there riding over there in FL?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 03:25 PM

hey wpath welcome to sportbike world. I am on the west coast of Fla in Largo (north of st. petersburg). I bought my 2000 zx9 in Orlando at Cycle Sports Center off of John young parkway. any way welcome .SBW is a great place to get info and meet others ..sometime maybe my friend and I can take our bikes to Orlando and meet up with you !

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 03:34 PM

OOpps I see you are in Clermont.. close to Orlando anyway!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 04:51 PM

Whats up? Im in Orlando too, but riding only for commuting now because of babysitting my little girl.
Did you buy a rainsuit yet? Or a mesh coat?
BTW riding in Orlando is rainy, hot, flat, straight and traffic infested for the most part. Those who ride daily here have to REALLY like bikes. I work at Agere on John Young Parkway.

Last edited by nick_nolastname; 08-14-2002 at 04:57 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 05:55 PM

Hey welcome to the board, I live down I-4 abit in Polk City (near Lakeland). There are actually a few curves around here. If you get over this way holler!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies! Yes, I have had to buy a rainsuit - the weather this summer has been hard on any rider in the Orlando area! I use the bike mainly for my daily commute through the I-4 traffic right now, but on my days off I try to get out on some of the back roads around Clermont. Unfortunately, my schedule changes weekly, so it is hard to plan any rides with people who work regular hours! I would like to get together with other riders in the area sometime, and compare favorite (curvy) roads!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 04:00 PM

Im on I4 3 or 4 days each week. What time are you on? Im on at 4:30AM going west and from 5-6PM going east , on the red superhawk. I have a black helmet, mesh coat and a yellow rain suit if needed.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

This week I'm off Wed-Fri, but my days off vary from week to week. I'm working 9:00am-7:30pm this week, but my hours also change week to week. It's hell trying to plan any rides with anyone! I'm on the 919, sometimes wearing the black rainsuit, like I was today.... I got caught in the downpours around noon today, riding around downtown O-town. I don't mind the rain as much as the lightning!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode