How does this deal sound? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Question How does this deal sound?

93 Yamaha FZR 600. 13800 miles, very good paint - only one scratch by the seat where the bike fell over in the garage, and a tear in the seat by the scratch. it just got new fork shields and a tune up. needs a new chain. the guy was asking $2500, but has dropped it to $18-1900 because he's hard up for money. how does that sound?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 06:23 PM

Thumbs up

Hiya!!
welcome to SBW!!
Seems to be a good price...does he have service records??
A sure sign of some one who does not care about their bike is to check the condition of the tires,chains sprockets...check the motor for leaks....look her over real close for signs of some one who loves their machine or neglects it....
BTW I have a 1990 GT in my stable!!

JIM
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the comments and help everyone, but i'm not gonna get that bike. i just don't like how loud the clunk is, it doesn't seem right to me. if i ride a couple more, and they're all like that, then maybe i'll consider getting one... but right now, i dunno how anyone could stand riding a bike that shifted like this one does.

katana600 - thanks for the welcome (and thanks to everyone else too), great to meet another stanger! i've got my 4-wheel fun, now i'm lookin for some real 2-wheel fun, instead of my little 200

later,
bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode