First post, first bike, have a few questions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

First post, first bike, have a few questions

I'm a car guy that got a 94 kawasaki zx7r with 20,000 miles in a trade. It's all polished has exhaust and some other stuff i had no idea what he was talking about.
My question is that i just turned 18 and is this bike a wise choice to learn on? It feels real uncomfortable sitting on it because your so leaned over.
I want to get it all tuned up so how much would that cost?
What insurance companies have the most resonable rates?
thanks, nice meeting you and take care

Adam lesser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 02:06 PM

Re: First post, first bike, have a few questions

Quote:
Originally posted by alesser738
I'm a car guy that got a 94 kawasaki zx7r with 20,000 miles in a trade. It's all polished has exhaust and some other stuff i had no idea what he was talking about.
My question is that i just turned 18 and is this bike a wise choice to learn on? It feels real uncomfortable sitting on it because your so leaned over.
I want to get it all tuned up so how much would that cost?
What insurance companies have the most resonable rates?
thanks, nice meeting you and take care

Adam lesser
Congrats on the new bike. If you dont know what some of the stuff he was talking about is then find out before you hop on and start riding. Take your time learning to ride and the 7r will be fine. Don't be in a rush. Be patient and know that you are prepared before you hit the busy streets/highways or try to tear up the twisties. You'll probably get used to the leaning over. If not, then you may go for the sport/cruiser style in your next bike. As far as insurance then I would first try the company you have your car insured with. I personally like state farm. I'm not sure about how much a tune up cost would be. Has the bike been ridden much lately. You may want to empty the gas, replace spark plug, change oil/filter, check lub points, fluid levels ( brake ), tire pressure, etc... Enjoy your new bike and be safe!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 08:25 PM

congrats on the bike. zx7 isnt a very highly recommended bike for beginners, but as long as you respect what it can do to you... you should be fine. My best suggestions for you at this point, would be first take a MSF course and second, buy a manual for your bike-- Read through the manual to get familiar with your bike. Also be sure you buy gear, i.e. riding jacket, gloves, helmet (duh)etc...
But most of all, with a machine like that, you'll be tempted to try things you really shouldn't. Ride within your limits and be safe

Welcome to SBW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode