New to SBW looking for a bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

New to SBW looking for a bike

Hello everybody....like the Subject line says...i am new to SBW and am looking for a bike....right now i own 2 cars (see sig) and i am thinking about selling the Camaro...if i do i want to buy a Sport bike...something like a Honda F3 or a Yamaha YZF-600R.

I have been doing a lot of research and from what i have read...it looks like these 2 bikes are great for beginners...

I used to own a 96 Kawasaki KX-125 2-stroke dirt bike...but have sold it to a friend and i still ride it occationally. I am going to be taking a motorcycle safty course soon.

I have always wanted a Sport bike...i am only 21 but i think i would be a responsible rider. Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks for any input....and great site!!!

-Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saleen in yard666.jpg (39.7 KB, 58 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 07:57 AM

Welcome, Hope ypu find What Your looking for There's a nice F3 on E-bay. The links in the classifieds.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 08:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Saleen: From the research I've done on motorcycle insurance, the quotes sometimes say that they go down after age 21. So with the MSF course discount and age, you might get a better insurance quote.

Good luck on your hunt! I am still looking, myself, but the market is still nice and fresh!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 10:06 PM

Sweet ride in the picture. Is it a saleen? If so which one? I've only seen two of them, one was the the 302 & the other was the 351. Both were very cool cars.

Good luck in your motorcycle search
You're gonna have alot of fun when you get on two wheels.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by R6steve
Sweet ride in the picture. Is it a saleen? If so which one? I've only seen two of them, one was the the 302 & the other was the 351. Both were very cool cars.

Good luck in your motorcycle search
You're gonna have alot of fun when you get on two wheels.
Yeah...it is a 97 Saleen S281 (non-supercharged )...i love it. I have my car on CarDomain.com...check it out....dont forget to vote...

http://members.cardomain.com/saleen201

-Mike

ps...thanks for the compliments
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 06:12 PM

Smile

Hiya!!
Welcome to SBW!!
Nice car!!
About a month ago I picked up a beautiful 1990 Mustang GT 5 speed to go along with my 1991 Camaro RS. Have u checked out the crate motors available from Jegs??
The bikes u are looking at are both good choices and your idea of taking the MSF course is also a good idea!!
Let us know what u decide!!

JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode