R1 or GSX-R1000 better for doing "tricks" - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

R1 or GSX-R1000 better for doing "tricks"

I'm 6'3" looking for a bike I like the R1 and the GSX-R1000 Which one of these are better for crusing around and also to do "stunt's" on? Mostly Wheelie's stoppies having fun on the track (Drag Strip and what these bikes are made for )
and my everyday trasportation.
Thanks
Later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 08:35 PM

Just Go for a busa why dont ya? If you have never had a bike before... Stay the hell away from the 1000cc bikes! And stay away from bikes that have a number evern remotely close to 1000 in there name.

I dont understand why virtually every new rider is so gung ho about spending all this money on a brand new bike that is way too large and they are just going to wreck it anyway. Go buy a used 750 and suck it up once you lay it down. and a 750 will do any of the stunts you want to (wait a while before you start).
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 10:43 PM

HERE WE GO!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 01:31 AM

I'd have to agree with F3 on this one, if you are new to bikes you really should pick up a used 600 and learn how to ride first. Because we all know it's not a matter of if you drop it it's when you drop it.

I've been riding on the street for 18 years now, started out riding dirt bikes from age 10. Now at 35 I just bought my first new bike, a 02' ZX9R.

To your original question, what's the best bike for stunts/everyday transportation... NINJA! I've put the front and rear end of a 96' ZX6R in the air. And, rode it back and forth to work 5 days a week through downtown Atlanta. Kawasakis just take a beating and come back for more.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 06:09 PM

not good

ive heard from a few 2002 R1 Pilots that they can only stand about 20-30 minutes on the R1 before they have to stop and streetch there back and legs,, so stunts might work but i dont know about everyday Transportation
BRAD
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 09:10 PM

Hey Silveryammy1,

I don't want to just assume you're new to sportbikes but if this is your 1st serious street bike then I would have to agree with the posts advising something different. I saw a badly damaged,virtually new FZR1 in the back of a p/u 2 days running in the hospital parking lot. I spoke with his wife & fortunately he is going to be ok , just not real soon
If you are more experienced though then you know that the combination of riding needs you listed make it difficult for any 1 bike to be the "best". I choose my R6 because I was willing to sacrifice comfort in favor of the sporting abilities the bike has. Not to say that daily commuting is intolerable, in fact it's not the biggest problem. It's those extended rides of 2 hrs or more that I pay a price.
Good luck
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 09:26 PM

Why not consider a standard bike. You know, those without fairings (i.e. Monster, Bandit, Speed triple, Hornet). If your planning on using it for stunts, having less plastic on the bike will be cheaper if you drop it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode