new member intro and pertinent specifications thereof - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

new member intro and pertinent specifications thereof

Hi, all. New guy in Portland, OR, here. Nice to meet you!! Here are some specs:

I ride a 2000 cbr929 (yellow/black). For those who care, the to-date mods are Circuit One (the local analog to Race Tech) suspension, Hindle exh system, pcII, double bubble windscreen.

I also ride an '86 Honda Shadow and have a 1965 Greeves Challenger. A dirt bike riding friend tells me I can't ride it because it doesn't have shocks with 12" of travel. It would beat me to death. I don't recall it doing so in my younger days (his point: YOUNGER DAYS :-)

Current mo'sickle dilemmas: (1) What kind of tires to replace the Michelin Pilot Sports with, i.e., are there beter road tires out there? I'm thinking Avon or Metzeler. (2) Where to mount the Valentine One and which wire to cut into to power it. (Yes, I know....the red one ;-). INPUT on the dilemmas sought and APPRECIATED.

Bushrod Washington
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 05:45 PM

Cool

Hiya Bushrod!!
Welcome to SBW!!
Nice ride ya got there............I think you will probably get more answers to your questions in the forum's that are aimed more for Q&A!!

Ride safe!!

JIM
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 05:48 PM

Talking

Welcome to the site!

I would like to help you with your questions but I don't think I have a suitable reply. For the tire replacement question, I would normally reccomend Dunlop 207 tires. I don't think that is what you are looking for though. I will reccomend this site for you to view and purchase from.
http://www.tireexpress.com

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 09:12 PM

Thumbs up Valentine One mount

On my Kawasaki ZX6 I put the power unit under the seat and put the power wire in the fusebox while running the ground straight to the battery. I then put the suction cup mount on the windscreen and I have it angled up pretty high so I can still see the speedometer. I can get you a pic tomorrow if you'd like.

We don't have to worry about laser much here in Vermont yet, so I'm comfortable with the V1 at the excessive angle. It picks up radar as well as it does in a cage. I'm sure the rear laser detection won't work though.

Did you get the remote audio unit? It's not easy to hear at any speed over 35-40 on my bike. I still have to mount up my remote audio unit somewhere. I don't know where that's gonna go yet though.

By the way: Excellent choice on a radar detector! I wouldn't be able to live without mine.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 06:01 PM

Welcome to SBW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode