LOOK!! Need help on a speech due tomarrow - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

I will grow out of this trait one day but I need ideas, pointers, angles, sources , statistic, any help for my speech on pros and cons of helmet laws and why you should were a helmet. I have to do this if I don't I will fail the class, if I fail the class I loose my main job, if I loose my job I won't get my bike for the summer

thanks for any help,
Kyle

Kyle M. Wilsonville, OR

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 04:03 PM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by The_CB_Kid
I will grow out of this trait one day but I need ideas, pointers, angles, sources , statistic, any help for my speech on pros and cons of helmet laws and why you should were a helmet. I have to do this if I don't I will fail the class, if I fail the class I loose my main job, if I loose my job I won't get my bike for the summer

thanks for any help,
Kyle
Forget helmet laws, do your speech on leaving assignments to the last minute. You seem to be well educated on that
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 06:14 PM
Pete

You might want to check out www.abate.com or the AMA website for some info. Like Squid, though, I believe you'd do better and get done faster writing it on the pros and cons of procrastination. Start with the first pro being that it usually results in other people doing your work for you. J/K.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 01:14 PM

uh, excuse me son, your 16 years old right? Responsible enough to neglect your schoolwork right?
In this country you can't operate in traffic until at least 16 years old, right?
You just put a deposit on one of ass-kickinest machines available right?
now, son, do you see where I am going with this?

BE CAREFUL and RESPONSIBLE, temp tags on a wrecked R1 is a sad site for anyone to see.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 01:36 PM

I forgot to add the smileys in the last post to let you know that I am not TRYING to sound like a monkey's ass
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 04:39 PM

As much as I want to say "What the hell is a 16 year old doing on that bike", I wont. And since I am known as the king of procrastination by my wife (something about in college leaving 30 page papers until the last day), check out www.findarticles.com. Good luck...

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 03:37 PM

Aww come on guys, he can handle the R1. Now that the GSXR1000 is out the R1 is pretty much a beginner bike! Plus, he's not 16, he's 16 and 3/4!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

lol

I won't get into it too much... ok I will. I am responsible enough to save every penny I earned on my 3 jobs for the last 2 years to buy this bike outright but if I loose my main job I won't be able to pay insurance and yes the bike is probably to big, fast, powerful for me and I will most likely kill my self, but I have taken the MSF course on my own accord and I am takeing the California superbike school's 2 day course before I even get on the bike. lastly I always ride with gear jacket, gloves, jeans, and helmet at the least.

I got a 243 out of 250 on the speech not bad for the night before

Kyle M. Wilsonville, OR

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode