Deal's Gap and the media - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

I was told this morning that one of the Knoxville stations had a story about Deal's Gap last night on the 11 o'clock news. This was in the wake of the guy dying last weekend. Apparently some of our fine dumbass comrades decided to be cute and do some burnouts and wheelies for the news camera. This is beautiful, it really helps to keep the heat off.

I will see if I can find out more about the story and post some information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 07:36 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
I was told this morning that one of the Knoxville stations had a story about Deal's Gap last night on the 11 o'clock news. This was in the wake of the guy dying last weekend. Apparently some of our fine dumbass comrades decided to be cute and do some burnouts and wheelies for the news camera. This is beautiful, it really helps to keep the heat off.

I will see if I can find out more about the story and post some information.
You mean people don't like that shit?! Well I never...

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 12:41 PM

Question

The media always has an agenda about something, especially steriotypes. I have not been to deal's gap yet but, i have heard that it is not really worth it. It has too many twisties and there is a lot of heat on the weekends looking for sportbikes.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 01:39 PM

Too many cops? yes. Too many twisties? blasphemy!!!

I guess for some people there is such a thing as too many twists- I met one this weekend. He was riding a CBR1000 with a slower group and asked if he could tag along with our group. After a while everyone but him and me were left. I would pull away then stop at each intersection to let him catch up. At the last stop I waited for a good 10 minutes and he never showed. I was running on fumes, so couldn't backtrack to make sure he was ok. After I gassed up, he comes rolling up. He says "I had to pull over and throw up".
I invited him to check out SBW, so hopefully he's reading this, heh heh.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 02:47 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by congo_grey
It has too many twisties
No such thing...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The media always has an agenda about something, especially steriotypes. I have not been to deal's gap yet but, i have heard that it is not really worth it. It has too many twisties and there is a lot of heat on the weekends looking for sportbikes.
You need to find new people to talk to.

Actually Deal's Gap is alot of work but it is fun. The other roads in the area are what the trip is all about though. Deal's Gap is fun a couple of runs a day but the other highways in the area are definitely worth the trip. It is an area that you need to go to and develop your own opinion though. Don't let anyone tell you that it isn't worth the trip. You will not be disappointed especially with that 600F3. Plus it isn't all that far for you to drive.

BTW, the cops aren't as bad as everyone is saying. They will crack down a little more for a couple of weeks because of the death but then they will get back to normal.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 05:42 AM

Talking

Thanks, I am trying ot get up there this summer with my brother to see what it is all about. I have been on the deal's gap website and it does look like fun, of course I am no Nicky Hayden so what do I know right?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 06:33 AM

Question

Quote:
It has too many twisties...
Is such a thing possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode