We Are NOT Destroying the Planet - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-26-2001, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

An excellent Article that seriously challenges the "Environmental Whackos" of the last 15 years.

CLICK HERE TO READ

Of course, like the evile conservative pig that i am, i completely agree with the author on this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 07:40 AM

Rush?!! You believe what that bloated twat has to say. I am not an "environmental wacko" but I am a scientist, one that works in environmental consulting and I can say this with utmost certainty; we ARE destroying the planet. I see it everyday.

One more thing, clear cutting is not a good idea!! The next time you suck in a breath of air or start your internal COMBUSTION engined bike you can thank the deity of your choice that there are trees.

I am not flaming YOU, just that retard Rush!
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Munch
we ARE destroying the planet. I see it everyday
whatever...

give some examples backed with evidence, then MAYBE I'll consider it...otherwise I am convinced this planet IS fine and if we continue building fuel-efficient autos and working at energy-conservation, we have nothing to worry about. I haven't had a hard time breathing lately, how about you?

Last edited by CBR_Brutha; 04-27-2001 at 08:15 AM.

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 08:47 AM

Angry

I was afraid this would happen. Look, I don't want to fight and I don't have time to look up all the stats for your ass. I stand by what I said and if you don't believe I don't really give a shit. Take your head out of the sand and find them yourself.

You can not deny the fact that the the industrialization of the world did not cause any problems, can you? There wasn't smog before we industrialized, there wasn't wide spread pollution of the ground water, or the air, or the soil. I did not say the world would end tomorrow, I simply mean to point out that we are impacting the global ecosystem.

No, I am not a tree-hugging, granola eating, vegan who wears hemp clothing. I am not sounding an alarm, preaching from my soapbox, or jumping on the environmental bandwagon; I just am saying that....Oh why ****ing bother!!!!!

P.S. Look in a 4th grade science book and it will explain to you: animals take in oxygen and exhale nitrogen, trees inhale nitrogen and exhale oxygen. It is a process called respiration (look it up if you don't know what it means). Clear cutting trees is not a good idea.
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

LOL..

Fat
Bloated
Retard
Twat

Ya you sure sound like Scientist.

Nice to know you are a level headed and unbiased professional.

Obviouslyt you must identify with the "environmental whackos" because you took great offense at the article.

When you can counter each and every one of the points made in the article then people will listen to you without laughing.

I knew this would be fun!!!

By the way, if you have eyes you can plainly see that Mr Limbaugh is no more overwight than you are.

Last edited by GreenNinja; 04-27-2001 at 09:33 AM.
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I don't have time to look up all the stats for your ass.
I didn't ask you to look anything up for me, just to back up what you said. If you're truly a scientist, then you shouldn't have to look anything up to back up a general statement like yours.

BTW: Why you being insulting, I wasn't, was I?

Quote:
You can not deny the fact that the the industrialization of the world did not cause any problems, can you?
I didn't try to deny anything, except that we are DESTROYING the Earth. Affecting it; yes. Beyond repair; no.

Quote:
No, I am not a tree-hugging, granola eating, vegan who wears hemp clothing.
I like Granola!

Quote:
P.S. Look in a 4th grade science book and it will explain to you: animals take in oxygen and exhale nitrogen, trees inhale nitrogen and exhale oxygen. It is a process called respiration (look it up if you don't know what it means).
Insulting again...I don't understand why you react like this. I am not stupid or thick-headed, I just wanted some evidence for what you stated in your previous post, that's all. Lighten up a bit and try to be a bit more informative, and a bit less insulting. It'll really help your credibility, and you KNOW I'm right.

Last edited by CBR_Brutha; 04-27-2001 at 09:42 AM.
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 11:00 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha

I didn't try to deny anything, except that we are DESTROYING the Earth. Affecting it; yes. Beyond repair; no.

Cmon Nick, I think you are a little smarter than that.
Ever hear of an Ozone ?
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 11:12 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
I was afraid this would happen. Look, I don't want to fight and I don't have time to look up all the stats for your ass. I stand by what I said and if you don't believe I don't really give a shit. Take your head out of the sand and find them yourself.

You can not deny the fact that the the industrialization of the world did not cause any problems, can you? There wasn't smog before we industrialized, there wasn't wide spread pollution of the ground water, or the air, or the soil. I did not say the world would end tomorrow, I simply mean to point out that we are impacting the global ecosystem.

No, I am not a tree-hugging, granola eating, vegan who wears hemp clothing. I am not sounding an alarm, preaching from my soapbox, or jumping on the environmental bandwagon; I just am saying that....Oh why ****ing bother!!!!!

P.S. Look in a 4th grade science book and it will explain to you: animals take in oxygen and exhale nitrogen, trees inhale nitrogen and exhale oxygen. It is a process called respiration (look it up if you don't know what it means). Clear cutting trees is not a good idea.
I like him already !!! You'll fit in just fine Munch.
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 11:13 AM

CBR Brutha, Sorry for the rant, I didn't mean to be insulting (actually I did, sorry I'm a prick).

GreenNinja.. scientists can have potty mouths too and how the hell do you know what I look like? Was that you peeking in the bathroom window last night while I was in the shower? Sick bastard!.

Let me try to explain myself in a (slightly more) civil manner. I am a hydrogeologist (a geologist who specializes in the study of groundwater). I work for an environmental consulting firm and I spend every working day finding, tracking, evaluating, and trying to remediate (clean up) contaminated soil and groundwater, so don't tell me it doesn't exist. When contaminants (radionuclides, volatile organic compounds, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, pesticides, herbicides, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, Phenols, esters, ethers, chlorinated solvents, metals, inorganic compounds, etc. get into the soil and groundwater they don't just disappear, they render that media useless for consumption by human, animal, and flora. If that is not destroying, I don't know what is. Eventually (not in your lifetime), the earth could biologically and chemically breakdown the contaminants if we stopped polluting, but we don't (degradation time varies by chemical so if you are really that interested, look it up yourself) so the natural degradation processes can't keep up.

Let me pose this question to you, if pollution presents no problems than why are there laws prohibiting it? why are there places where nothing grows and nothing lives? I have some property in Chernobyl to sell, you interested?. You know, just because it doesn't affect you directly (and it does, you just to myopic to realize it) doesn't mean it is not a problem.

I guess, technically, I agree with the statement that we are not destroying the earth. We are destroying ourselves. The earth will be here a long time after our arrogant race is gone.

Don't believe me, I don't care. Keep listening to Rush Limblow and keep polluting, it's job security for me!

Last edited by Munch; 04-27-2001 at 11:23 AM.
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 11:23 AM

Quote:
CBR Brutha, Sorry for the rant, I didn't mean to be insulting (really I didn't).
It's all good bro. Just wanted to let you know that's how you were coming across, and if you want people to respect what you're saying, you gotta say it in a respectable way.

Quote:
Let me pose this question to you, if pollution presents no problems than why are there laws prohibiting it?
Pollution does present problems. I never said it didn't. What I did say is that I do not believe it is destroying the Earth the extent to which some would have us believe. I support some of the laws, and working for Ford Motor Co., I am directly affected by some of them. I think they are good though, because they cause us as designers to be more responsible and think about the short and long-term effect of the products we produce.

Yes Squidwannabe, I guess if you view that opinion as stupid, then that I am.

Quote:
I have some property in Chernobyl to sell, you interested?
No
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode