Old People In School - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Wink

I had a big Easter weekend planned with all of the family coming. I just got a message from my mother that said she wasn't going to be able to make it, and was sending dad alone. She had to stay home and STUDY of all things. Can you tell your 50-some year old mother to blow off studying? I mean really....who is going to clean my house and make Easter dinner? LOL. She works in a large financial planning and insurance company that advances you by the licensing and courses you take. She prides herself on outperforming "all the youngsters".

Actually I thought this somewhat appropriate with Robert's looming situation. I will be in the same boat in the near future. Thanks to a "man-power re-allocation". I am seriously considering going back to being a full-time student. I don't know if I can find my "1001 ways to eat RAMAN NOODLES" cookbook. Times may get a little lean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 04:57 PM

Unhappy

Sucks to hear that. I still don't feel that it is right. It is great that she is going to school at her age. But it is kind of impolite to take school over a family gatherings.

Last edited by VYPIR; 04-18-2001 at 08:44 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 12:44 PM

I am a full time college student, but am just 21 also.

I really admire the "older" students that can come back into a college atmosphere. I would imagine that would be very difficult to do after being away from school.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 12:53 PM

I also admire the older students that i find in my classes. I'm a 19 year old college student (computer science major) and it seems that they take school much more seriously than anyone my age does. It may be because they know what they want in life, and honestly i don't. Well, all i wanna do is ride motorcycles and install car audio systems! But that won't pay the bills now will it?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 10:10 PM

What is the age limit to be considered a "old person" in school? I don't feel old but when I go to class I can tell a big difference. Or when I start getting good grades, is that when I become old?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 07:57 AM

I left college for a couple years and did some landscaping. When I returned things were very different. I'm 27 now and will be finished this summer. I remember how I used to think that college students were so much more mature and serious than high school. Now, when I go to class all I can think is how everyone acts like their in high school. Goofing off and generally screwing around (which I used to do myself). I feel conspicuous for actually paying attention. Oh God, I've turned into "that one" student that people laugh at for paying attention. Makes me feel old.... I don't want to know what it would be like to sit in for a high school class.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:12 AM

Thumbs up

I learned pretty much all I dun needed during my 3 yeers of forfth grade.

I dont think a formal ejucashin is for evrybody. I droped out of skool in sevenfth grade but still manuged to be sucsesful in my life. I did strugle for a long time but now I'm working at a farm feed and supplie store and I love my job. I test electric fences. I lost my haire and sumtimes my fingers is numb but thats all it does.

I like it becuz it pays good. my boss said I'll get a 57 cents raise next yaer. I'm exciteds.

I did all this without colludge.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 09:02 AM

748 - funny stuff! Let me know what elementary school you went to so I can consider sending my kids there! (assuming I have kids one day )

Birdman - I know what you mean about the way classes are. Like I said, I am only 21 but I try to show some repect in classes and try to pay attention. Some people just talk the entire time; I don' t know why they even come. I may not always be paying attention, but I at least stay quiet so that those who want to can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode