An 8pm curfew at age 33 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

It seems we have a little situation here in Cincinnati.
A small matter of some rioting going on.

I just heard they have declared a state of emergency and everyone must be off the streets by 8pm. I live outside the city (barely), so I'm not affected. However, the city limits are only a half mile away.

You can read the story here: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...cincy.htm#more

The rioting started in downtown Monday, which is about 10 miles from my house. This morning as I'm leaving for work, I hear that it has spread to outlying neighborhoods. One of those neighborhoods is .5 miles away, so I took a detour and drove through it (probably not the best idea). The streets were empty, but there was plenty of evidence of the previous nights troubles. A lot of broken store windows.

I'm just hoping the rioters don't decide to come over to my town tonight since they can stay out later that way.
This could be an interesting night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 01:36 PM

This seems to be the SOP for African Americans in the inner cities. White cop shoots a Black suspect, it's rioting time!!!

Honestly, if a person has time to riot, they're either a loser, or an unemployed bum, or both to begin with.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 02:35 PM
Pete

Lock and load, Don. Be safe.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue_Biker
This seems to be the SOP for African Americans in the inner cities. White cop shoots a Black suspect, it's rioting time!!!

Honestly, if a person has time to riot, they're either a loser, or an unemployed bum, or both to begin with.
Yeah, but you can get some really cool stuff for free once the looting starts.

My sis lives in Cincinnati, in fact I'm at her house right now. I haven't seen any problems in her neck of the woods (College Hill, if you care). We went to eat tonight and nobody seemed too concerned.

From what I've gathered, there have been several shootings of unarmed black crime suspects lately. Someone tell me if that info is wrong. There are way too many dynamics involved with these kind of race relations to just say, "Inner city African-Americans do this stuff all the time and they're all bums or losers, etc..." Very few of us on this board know even a little regarding the community's state of mind.

The cool thing was that two of the mothers went to the press and officially denounced the rioting. Very cool. Hope it helps even a little.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off for a new TV.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by scotty
Yeah, but you can get some really cool stuff for free once the looting starts...

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off for a new TV.
ROFLMAO!!

I agree with you about there being too many dynamics involved to say it's an African-American thing. I disagree with anyone who says it's wrong that those people were shot in the first place. I believe that they would have been shot regardless of color, and some caniving individuals just decided to use this event to stir up trouble. Those are the losers/bums!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete
Lock and load, Don. Be safe.
Always
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Excellent Point Brutha

This is from the USA Today article:

Quote:
Since 1995, 15 black men have died at the hands of Cincinnati police, four of them since November. However, in most of those incidents, the men first shot at or threatened police officers.
In this last incident, it seems that it may have been police error. We'll have to wait and see what the investigations bear out.

By the way, initial reports indicate that last night was pretty uneventful.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 08:02 AM

Exclamation

Kill em all....let god sort'em out.......

The rioters that is. I don't give a fvck what color they are, if they don't have respect for other peoples business's or there own community.....fvck em....shoot all the POS.......

and to those living among this sh!t, hope your packin heat. be prepared for anything

good luck!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rzx9gsxcbr
Kill em all....let god sort'em out.......good luck!
DOWN HITLER!!!

See, that would be bad. It would undermine America in itself, and it would cause us to lose even more respect from other countries. Now if we were in CHINA or Nazi Germany...

Sig Heil buddy, Sig Heil

Last edited by CBR_Brutha; 04-13-2001 at 08:48 AM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 12:38 PM

Why is it I don't hear all this "Lock & load' stuff when it's white college kids rioting because they can't buy beer on campus anymore? People are tired of these dozens of isolated incidents of murder occurring each & every year, and they're tired of knowing that no one will be held responsible.
If they passed a federal law that no police officer who shoots an unarmed person could ever be a police officer, or own a gun again, these types of incidents would come to an immediate end. I think such a law would be fair, because the cop who shoots an unarmed person has inarguably demonstrated that he does not possess the good judgement to carry a firearm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode