TV Sucks! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Angry

Is it just me or does it seem like there are way more commercials that actual show time. I really don't watch TV all that much but sometimes there is nothing else to do so I sit and watch. I was watching a show and I saw about 5 mins of commercials then 30sec of showtime, then back to commercials.

When I do watch I want to see show not 10,000 ads. I know it cost money, but damn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 10:21 AM

I only watch Discovery & Speedvision. At least I like their commercials.

I don't watch local TV. Network television is geared more for people who can't think for themselves. Thus all those advertisements!
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 12:21 PM

Don't forget MTV. I just about gave up on MTV until they came out with Jackass. That show has me rolling everytime I watch it. I agree that most of the programming on the network stations blows though. I really need to get speedvision too.

I watched some of that Eco Challenge recently. Man, those guys and girls are seriously hardcore. Anyone check it out? Their feet were totally screwed, leeches crawling up their... , and little to no sleep for days at a time. Much respect to those guys; even team playboy, they tried .

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 12:50 PM

Wink

Our TV is typically on Speedvision, the History Channel, or Comedy Central. I admit we usually watch NBC on Thursday nights. "The Weber Show" (formerly "Cursed") has to be one of the worst new shows. It's about as funny as a Richard Lewis-Bob Saget marathon. Which is to say unfunny. Which is to say crap.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 03:15 PM

MOST TV sucks

I don't have much time for TV but I guess I'm like everyone else: speed vision, history channel, TLC, Discovery and FOX (on tuesdays at 9:00pm to watch my girlfreind on DarkAngel)

oh, If I see another survivor knock off or another survivor series ,that I'm not on, i'm going to bust some caps

Kyle M. Wilsonville, OR

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 03:23 PM

Ahh TV.....

SUX.

But i do watch

FoxNews (Bill O'Reilly kicks ass)
The History Channel
SpeedVision
Cartoon Network (sorry, i gotta be honest on that one)

Thats about it

Anything on MTV sux shit anymore, the whole MTV programming concept has really gotten pretty pathetic.

But thats just MY take on it.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 03:32 PM

Angry

What pisses me off is the fact that I pay for cable and they have commercials on the cable stations now!

I like speedvision
TLC
history
and Fox (Simpsons, king of the hill)
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rug Burn
Don't forget MTV. ....I watched some of that Eco Challenge recently. Man, those guys and girls are seriously hardcore. Anyone check it out? Their feet were totally screwed, leeches crawling up their... , and little to no sleep for days at a time. Much respect to those guys; even team playboy, they tried .
Okay. I occassionally watch MTV. However, they usually show the best music videos during off peak hours. During primetime, they have those crappy specials I really hate and not music videos.

I totally missed Eco-Challenge! Damn! Tonight however, Discovery is showing Robotica! Gotta see that! Discovery & Speedvision rules!
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenNinja

FoxNews (Bill O'Reilly kicks ass)
oh hell yea, I suggest you read his book

Kyle M. Wilsonville, OR

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."

Last edited by The_CB_Kid; 04-11-2001 at 06:34 PM.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 10:17 PM

Talking

TV does suck. It sucks so much I don't even have cable anymore. If I really want to watch something I go somewhere else to mooch off the fools who are paying for it. Saves me $40/mo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode