I B Bak!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

I'm now a married man. Details?

Umm, not THOSE details .

Wedding was on Friday. Good friend of mine wasn't there but we went ahead with it. Nice little chapel I s'pose. Not a great place but nice. The Preacher that wed us had a glass eye. Hate those things. When he closed his eyes to pray the glass eye stayed open and seemed to be stareing at me.

After the wedding we went to Blaine's (sp) to eat. Its on the opposite corner on the block from Ripley's Believe it or Not museum (for those that know Gatlinburg).

After eating (we were still in dress and tux so had MANY MANY MANY comments on the way there as we had to park some distance away) we went to the cabin. Fantastic cabin. Built last year. First people to stay in it were there in September. Major angle to the driveway though. Litteraly built into the side of a mountain the deck sits about 4 stories up off of the ground. Pretty wild.

Spent a lot of time in Gat. Spent WAY too much money. Saturday my friend shows up. He thought the wedding was Saturday instead of Friday. Accidentally found him on the strip. He felt so bad that he took us to the Cherokee Grill (VERY nice restaraunt, if you go down there pick this place to eat at least once). Its a new place (been there about a year). Go down to the far end of the strip and watch for the three pillars with flamces (gas) blowing up out of the top of them. Calhoun Village is up behind it.

We ended up on the strip that night trying to get home. MOTORCYCLES everywhere!! I was saddened. I wanted to ride SOOOOO bad.

Came home on Sunday. Long damn drive again. All that time on the road and I was on the bike in less than 30 minutes of returning home. Only rode for about 30 minutes though as I promised Rhonda I'd help unpack.

We ended up going for a long ride yesterday so that made up for it.

And now I'm at work.

BTW, to the guy that asked in my last thread how much it cost. The chapel, cabin, cake, etc. etc. cost $1,200. Not cheap but cheaper than it was going to cost up here. Plus it combined our honeymoon with the wedding. Total cost from Tuesday to Sunday was in the neighborhood of $2,400 I believe. That was gas to and from. Food. Stuff bought (shirts and the like). Going to the places there (got my picture with Elenor - the mustang from Gone in 60 Seconds) and my wife got her pic with the 68 Camaro convert from Charlie's Angels.]

Umm, did I leave out anything? Oh yeah. The hot tub was hotter than hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 07:27 AM

Thumbs up

Sounds like a good time bro, and once again, congrats on being a married man! Hope you're able to get some good riding time in. I don't know how the weather is over there, but here in NE Ohio it is nasty. Cold and rainy. Oh well...I'll be riding my cousin's bike soon enough, and hopefully will have a ride of my own again soon! Wish me luck!

P.S. How's the lid look?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

The lid looks great. Few small scratches but no biggie. Hey, it was free wasn't it? Stiill feel bad about not giving you any dough for it.

Couldn't find any clear velcro 'round here so I settled with white. Will probably put it on this weekend. I intend to do a good clean up and wax of the bike this weekend and get some good arty pictures of the bike so the cover will be a nice addition.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by H-Man
The lid looks great. Few small scratches but no biggie.
Yeah sorry about those. There's this liquid cleaner stuff the sell at AutoZone that's made especially for Plexiglass/Plastic that will take some small scratches out and really makes your lense and windscreen look good. It's in a white bottle with a blue label. Try it out. I really was pleased with it.

P.S. Don't worry about cash bro. It was only a few bucks to ship, and it'll look a lot better on your bike than on my closet shelf. One condition...you must send me pics when you get it all shined up. I need to reminisce!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 10:32 AM
Founder

CONGRATS on the wedding bro.

Mine is June 23rd, any tips?

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

run man run!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
CONGRATS on the wedding bro.

Mine is June 23rd, any tips?

My tip is this. Go to the courthouse. Get married at the courthouse by a justice of the peace. Then go ride to your honeymoon spot and spend the entire honeymoon locked up together spending "quality time".

Honestly though. Don't let any tension build. Rhonda was a wreck. Everyone kept asking me if I was nervous. I was like "not 5 minutes ago, not now either". I was in a wedding in December where the bride and groom were biting everyones heads off because they were so nervous about everything going right. Why? If something DOES go wrong then that just makes it unique and gives an extra memory. No big deal. A wedding is supposed to be fun, not work.

Remember THAT and you'll enjoy it much much more.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 10:58 AM

Re: run man run!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by H-Man
... Everyone kept asking me if I was nervous. I was like "not 5 minutes ago, not now either"...
Mine is next friday and I can't tell you how many times I've heard that already.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 11:22 AM

Weddings are for the Bride and her family. Us fellas are just part of the decorations, deal with it. Be gracious, pleasant, smile a lot and don't even think of drinking too much.

My wife and I had a "major" and we've promised ourselves to treat our daughter to a nice SIMPLE wedding, of her choosing...not a social affair for us. We will give her a budget to work with and encourage she and hubby to spend it on a great honeymoon. Thankfully, I have plenty of time to save for this, as the little princess is turning 6 in two weeks.

I've now been married for nearly 17 years. It takes work, sacrifice and humility, but the rewards are really fabulous. I would also really encourage you to spend time together in church (not just the wedding) learning about relationships and personal growth. If you are spiritually committed to one another, the success of your marraige grows exponentially.

Best wishes for the upcoming marraiges and for the newlyweds.

Respectfully,
Kev

Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha

Yeah sorry about those. There's this liquid cleaner stuff the sell at AutoZone that's made especially for Plexiglass/Plastic that will take some small scratches out and really makes your lense and windscreen look good. It's in a white bottle with a blue label. Try it out. I really was pleased with it.

First, congrats on the wedding H-Man.

And the stuff in the little white bottle is called Novus Polish # 1 (we sell it where I work).

Last edited by Dan F4; 04-10-2001 at 11:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode